I'm trying to spend less time on my PC

Tell us about your hobby

I'm trying to spend less time on my PC

Postby DaisyB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:24 pm

and more time making cards. I mainly do decoupage, from kits or downloads, I'm not artistic enough to create my own pictures.

These are A4 size, called Nostalgia by John Byars, all decoupage. I think they are lovely. Luckily these were die cut, which makes it easy for my eyes.

This is called Pyramage, in foiled card.

Lots of fiddly little bits on this

When I send this I shall include a Teabag or sachet of coffee or chocolate

DaisyB

Postby Corrie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh they're lovely June, very attractive and a lot of work has gone into them. Do you sell them? If not, you should! I've got back into knitting again, I like sewing with my machine too but I'm not clever enough to do both. I tend to have my laptop on for a couple of hours evening time only. Its been such Spring-like weather that we've taken ourselves out for lovely walks on an afternoon. I hope it continues !!
Corrie

Postby dejavou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:46 pm

They're super June, no doubt very therapeutic for you as well
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monsy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 am

The cards are lovely June. A lot of talented folk on here.

I have been taking the wee dug out while the weather is nice, seems a shame to waste a day stuck in the house.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dita » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

Lovely cards June, you making me ashamed cos I used to make cards with Parchment got so much equipment all just stuck in a big draw, have'nt touched it for 3yrs now. I also knit, canvas work which is all unfinished and waiting to be completed. Forgot to mention Calligraphy.
Its the computers fault :hide:
dita

Postby mazzy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 am

Lovely cards June. I don't thnk I would have the patience.
I do make quite a lot of cards and notelets on my computer though.

I made sets of notelets with addresses inside for a couple of friends for Christmas and they were really pleased with them, so that was time well spent.

I have been known to have my knitting on hand when playing scrabble - if it is a particularly difficult game then I can sit and ponder whilst knitting a row or two :roll:
mazzy

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am

Great cards June.
Like Mazzy I would not have the patience to do stuff like that and prefer my knitting.
I made a new year resolution to finish off anything that I had started last year so I have finshed two baby cardigans that I have given to my neighbour for her great, great grandchild and now just finishing off a baby set.
Its the sewing up I hate. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby DaisyB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:52 pm

I have just received the male version of the John Byars Nostalgia kits to do, One is a lad flying a kite and the other is playing football. Can't wait to do them.
Thanks for all your comments.
DaisyB

Postby e » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm

dita wrote:Lovely cards June, you making me ashamed cos I used to make cards with Parchment got so much equipment all just stuck in a big draw, have'nt touched it for 3yrs now. I also knit, canvas work which is all unfinished and waiting to be completed. Forgot to mention Calligraphy.
Its the computers fault :hide:

[font=Comic Sans MS]Calligraphy was a big part of my life many years ago dita, I used to write wedding invitations, place cards, menus, price tickets etc.

Sadly, due to the cocktail of drugs I've been on over the past 10 years my hands now shake quite a bit so it's impossible for me to even try now :sad: I've kept all the 'equipment' though ......... just in case :rolleye11:

June, your cards are a delight to the eye - well done you !![/font]
e

Postby dita » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:49 pm

You were really into Calligraphy big time e I never got as far, love Gothic though. A real pity about your hands shaking, it means it would be hard for you to do it now. Afraid I have no such excuse :tantrum2:
dita

Return to Hobbies