Oddments

Tell us about your hobby

Oddments

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Found many odd balls of yarn in my cupboard that has accumulated over the years so I have set to using them up. Whatever I can create out of the oddments will be passed on to either charities or to anyone who is having a baby because with being small balls there is not enough to do much with. I finished this today that I set about making on Tuesday and my lovely d-i-l has asked me if she could have it for her nephews baby due in January.
Its nothing fantastic and I dont have a pattern I just wanted to start shifting the the backlog.
It looks creamy coloured but its really a very pale lemon.
It helped to keep me calm while waiting to see the consultant.

Maywalk

Re: Oddments

Postby dita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:03 pm

That is so cute Maisie, whatever you say you are still doing a good job xx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi Dita.
Its nothing exceptional and I just wanted to occupy my time while sitting waiting to see the consultant. Having looked at the x-rays on my hip for the third time I have been told it would be a VERY risky operation to replace the hip at my age of 86 because the Fosomax that was prescribed for me over the years for the Osteoporosis has made the bone VERY brittle where the new hip would be placed.Into the bargain the Osteoporosis that has been helped with the Fosamax but I now have Spondylitis.The consultant said that if I decided to have the op it could take many hours because they have to remove all the metal from my hip and leg before even starting on the major op.
I said I would not bother with any op and as long as I can control the pain that the broken metalware in my hip can be controlled with I would sooner take my chances because I wanted a bit of time with my future first great grandson due to be born next month.
I made the consultant laugh out loud when I said I didn't want to disappoint the owner of the recycling plant when I kicked the bucket for me to be recycled as I had already made my arrangements regarding my demise with him because I have more metal plates, pins and nails in both my hips and legs than they have holding a ship together. :?
Maywalk

Postby dita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:34 pm

I 100% agree with you Maisie, when you see that little Great Grandson for the first time I would so love to be a fly on the wall--what an occasion that will be :) .
Just wondering though have you got Poohdog's Christmas pressie knitted yet??? pair of skiddies (underpants) wasn't it?? hee hee
dita

Postby Maywalk » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:55 pm

I have knitted a ballbag Dita but I cant find Pooh to let me know the measurements to see if it fits. :lol: :lol: :lol:
For the dogs ball mean. :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby dita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:06 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :butt: I can guess what you meant :grouphug: It's good to have a laugh :rolleye11:
dita

Return to Hobbies