Help needed please!

Tell us about your hobby

Help needed please!

Postby Orchidea » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:38 pm

I have a beautiful conservatory that is a joy to sit in and view the garden from, however, it just gets too darn hot in there - even with every window open and fans on, the slightest bit of sunshine and it soars up into the 90's or 100's. My neighbour has used fabric to cover her ceiling, but it's a bit of a botch job - although very effective as it's nice and cool in there. At a rough guess I have 25 sq. meters to cover if I am going to do this and am thinking of a light cream voile type fabric - probably 75 meters to get a good look and cool it down.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, advice etc before I start this massive task? I would be ever so grateful, even down to where I could possibly get the fabric at a knock down price! :P

Thanks in advance - and hope!

:knee:
Orchidea

Postby Oddquine » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:06 pm

Can't you get something on e-bay - voile or muslin? There are a few places online you can get it at between £1.50 and £2 a metre - but I'll bet you can get enough on e-bay - if the shades are different, you can always bleach/dye it.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Rowan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:12 pm

plain white should cost less. I bought a load at a car boots sale once but not nearly enough that you would need. Try maybe a cotton factory or something and they may sell you direct.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Orchidea » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:59 pm

Thanks for that Laidees! I think I have decided what to do and how to do it now. Amazing what you can conjure up when you sit in there and just gaze! I am going to go for Voile in a pale cream colour, and use those expanding net rods fixed into the beams. If I find I have too much droop on them, I will just add more rods halfway down. Should make it all easier for removing and washing too! :)
Orchidea

Postby dejavou » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:07 am

That sounds good Orchidea
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Return to Hobbies