Motorhoming!

Tell us about your hobby

Motorhoming!

Postby Gitanarosa » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am

We go away often (even in winter although not in all this rain!!) :roll: It's not a large motorhome and far from new but we have the greatest fun. We usually go away for a few days in this country (OH is early semi retired) but once a year or more we travel down to Dover, cross the Channel and drive all the way through France and down to the South of Spain where we have a small property. It's a long but interesting trip!
Anyone else have a motorhome or caravan or have had in the past? Ana xx
[i]
Gitanarosa

Postby Rowan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 am

I have a very old caravan which I bought in a weak moment. It lies unused in my sister's driveway. It must have been a moment of madness because I hate caravanning.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Gitanarosa » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 am

LOL...a good friend of mine did the same but hers was a newish looking caravan but whereas she really did want to go away, her OH will not tow it!! She now knows that she should have asked him!! :groaner:
She then washed it after a while and used BLEACH on the front where it had been parked under a tree!! It now lies rotting on their property!!
You must have an understanding sister LOL!! Ana xx
Gitanarosa

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Ana the resident shed puller is Penny but she does try to keep it quiet.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Victors Mate

Postby Emm » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:20 pm

I used to have a static, where I stayed with my dogs three nights a week, from March through to December. (Hubby stayed home). :mrgreen:
I loved it.

I saw an American motor home on TV the other night. It was amazing. It had three extensions - one came out of the side, on hydraulics - and was a conservatory!!!!
The bedroom looked as big as the one in my static caravan.
Emm

Postby Jann » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:16 pm

A couple of friends have sold their home and bought a mobile bungalow...fully furnished,seems a good idea,how say you,anyone know if they are a good idea??
Jann

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Trading in an asset that traditionally appreciates for one that traditionally depreciates doesn't seem too good a decision IMHO
Victors Mate

Postby Emm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Jann, do you mean a bungalow on a residential park?

If so, I agree with VM.

Also, they are similar to living in a pre fab. And can take a lot of heating in the winter. They do not have the insulation which houses have.

Also, you have to consider that you pay site fees and rates.
Emm

Postby Monsy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 pm

The worst holiday I have ever spent in my life was with the late grate (sic) Mr Mons in a carryvan in Great Yarmouth. It poured every day, the shower stalls were always left in a disgusting state, the loos were always full and the seagulls (untrained ones) walked about on the roof every morning from about 4 o'clock onwards. I went home after 3 days.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Emm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 pm

At least they would be quieter than squirrels running along in their hob nailed boots. :roll:
Emm

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:27 pm

I hire a motorhome occasionally. More pleasant than hauling a caravan behind. I'd rather hire it when I want one than own one. They can worry about depreciation!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Miriam » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I have hired one as well, CM.. I love them.

Terrific to load in your groceries, your things, the dog(s) and then head down the road and see new places ......all in great comfort.
Far better than a motel IMO.

Miriam
Miriam

Postby Emm » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Hiring would be a good idea.
I heard years ago, that the insurance was very high on them.
They are not the sort of thing you run around town in - so hardly warrent the expense.
Emm

Postby toolip2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi! I am new on the forum. I have always wanted a motorhome since the days when we had a static for six seasons. I like the Renault Romahome. Jus the job for us However: my hubby won't buy one as we already have a nice car. :roll: I think he doesn't know what he could be missing with a small Romahome. We live near Browns of Newark who sell new and used motrhomes and when we pass the site I have to look the ohter way!

Anyone else had one of these smaller motrhomes?
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:01 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:I hire a motorhome occasionally. More pleasant than hauling a caravan behind. I'd rather hire it when I want one than own one. They can worry about depreciation!

Are you still a member on here? If so where do/did you hire fromin the UK :please:
toolip2

Next

Return to Hobbies