A Bargain.

Tell us about your hobby

A Bargain.

Postby Maywalk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:06 pm

About a month ago my d-i-l took me into Aldi's and I was surprised at the knitting yarn that they had for sale there.
I bought three 250gram balls of double knitting yarn to knit baby things which were £1-99 a ball. I chose white, blue and mint.
Into the bargain there is a pattern on each ball of double knitting for a little collared coat and a beanie hat for a baby with a 22in chest. Its such a simple pattern beginners could knit it because its all in garter stitch.

I also bought a 400gram of Aran yarn to knit a little jacket with and that was only £3-49 for the ball.
Worth a look if you live near an Aldi store and like to do knitting.
I have just finished a little coat and hat from the Aldi pattern. Although I have made some changes to the hat because I didnt like the beanie one on the pattern.
I still have quite a bit of yarn left off that 250gram ball of yarn, roughly about 125grams.
Picture below of the little coat and hat and even if you are a beginner at knitting it should be dead easy.
If anyone would like the pattern just PM me with your e-mail address and I will scan it to you.

Maywalk

Postby Emm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:27 pm

That is gorgeous, Maisie.
I bet it is lovely and warm, too.

Unfortunately, where knitting is concerned, I am a non starter. :roll:
Emm

Postby Monsy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:06 pm

I used to knit a lot, but no-one seems to want hand knitted things now.

I thought of doing some things for the children in Africa, after seeing an appeal on the Paul O'Grady show. Wee one and I refer to it as the "Pile of Gravy Show" due to the fact I'm going bliddy deaf.........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Emm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Pardon? Did you say something, Monsy.
Emm

Return to Hobbies