Tips for the Laidies only!

Your favourite recipes and tips

Tips for the Laidies only!

Postby Orchidea » Wed May 25, 2005 1:04 pm

For the first time in a long time I wandered into the baby dept in my supermarket last night. I always use nappy sacks when cleaning out the umm 'bits' from kittens litter trays - less smelly! 8)

Anyway, I suddenly realised I had forgotten all about the joys of Johnsons Baby lotion and cream, always did used to use those and always liked them.

So, I bought them again, and am so delighted I did! Quick shower this morning, smoothed lotion over all the bits of me I could reach, then sat drying my golden tresses for about 10 minutes. ;) Now, the best bit, rubbing my skin with the lotion having dried was like exfoliation and a mini snowstorm! :oops: , so I got out the body brush and used that. I now have skin smoother than a babys bum - it looks good and feels great!

So much cheaper than all those flashy expensive body lotions, but tonnes better. The cream is also brilliant for a 10 minute moisturiser for the face, and a gentle brush off after - leaves you silky smoothe!

There ya go laidies - go turn yourselves into real babes! :)

Like wot I are! :uwish:
Orchidea

Postby DaisyB » Wed May 25, 2005 4:58 pm

Is the smell still the same Orchidea? I loved that soft warm smell.
DaisyB

Postby Rowan » Wed May 25, 2005 6:37 pm

I used to be allergic to it - has it still got lanolin in it?
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Monsy » Wed May 25, 2005 9:18 pm

Babies have such a lovely smell...............
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 pm

Only one end of them Monsy!!
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Mgzy » Wed May 25, 2005 10:32 pm

So true Rowan....

This may sound odd... but...

For a great exfoliate I use.....

A very soapy green scotchbrite and sponge pan scourer that has been soaked in boiling water before hand to soften it to GENTLY exfoliate while in the bath or shower...

After the obligatory soak in bubbles for however long by candle light of course... You wouldn't believe how much lighter and refreshing your skin feels...

Loofahs etc. just don't come up to scratch.... 8)
Mgzy

Postby Rowan » Wed May 25, 2005 11:01 pm

I usually use the Dove soap one - or the body wash one with the "bits" in it. Princess and the Pea dontcha know!! :tantrum2:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Orchidea » Thu May 26, 2005 8:50 pm

The smell is still as delightful as ever Daisy, and as far as I can see it's lanolin free Rowan.

Best thing you can do for a real all over good feel is a good body brush. Start from the soles of your feet and work to the heart, same with arms, but always work toward the heart. If you do it where the 'sunbeams' come in, just flick the brush and see how much dead skin you have got shot of - it's astounding! :oops: :oops:
Orchidea

Postby Rowan » Thu May 26, 2005 10:05 pm

Oooh good, I might try it again now.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Monsy » Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 pm

I haven't washed my face with soap for over forty years. I use baby lotion and Astral. My skin's not bad for an old girl!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Sat May 28, 2005 3:46 pm

Thirty four years for me Monsy. I have always used Oriflame cleanser, toner and moisturiser until recently when they changed the product - don't they always. Now I use L'Oreal mature skin cleanser and toner and the Olay one that has the pump dispenser. I have also recently treated myself to the RoC range - I bought one every week until I had them all - that's what's going on the hols. Had it before so I KNOW its good and I felt my skin much less wrinkly after using it.

I also got some Johnson's baby lotion for after shower and baths but I also like all the Nivea products.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby DaisyB » Sat May 28, 2005 4:11 pm

I bought some Johnsons Face Wash For Sensitive Skin last night and tried it this morning. It had that lovely Johnsons smell and did a good job, it foamed well but not too much.

I'm using Nivea moisturiser at the moment but having tried some Estee Lauder samples, there is one I might treat myself too if I am given any money for my birthday.

I haven't used soap on my face for 42 years when I started using Happy Face washing cream, do any of you remember it? It came in a large egg cup sort of shaped white glass jar, the label on the lid had a dolly type face on it.
DaisyB

Return to Recipes and Tips