Super Sofa Suppers

Your favourite recipes and tips

Super Sofa Suppers

Postby Daffyd » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:29 pm

:now:

Now I hope y'all bin good whilst I've bin scouring the WORLD for more delicious SUPER SOFA SUPPERS.....my first offering is simply Mexican beans.... well they are not really Mexican but it is amazing what you can do with a few peppers and a wee pinch o' chilli powder.......

O.K?

Let's do it!

MEXICAN BEANS

Fry chopped onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until softened. Add a pinch of chilli powder and a can of baked beans. Heat through, and serve with tortilla chips. (Don't forget a napkin, I'm always being told off for dribbling.)

MINTY ARTICHOKE DIP

Whizz a drained jar of char-grilled artichokes with plenty of defrosted, uncooked peas and a handful of mint. Season and serve with warm toasted pitta bread fingers. (Ummm!)

LIGHT BITES

No, not love bites..... Light Bites....
Top wholewheat crackers such as Ryvita with creamy blue cheese and sweet, yet sharp, dollop of cranberry relish or red onion marmalade. Add rocket leaves or watercress and a few walnuts.

SWISS FRIED SARNIE

I told you I had travelled the world for these recipes .....the world and beyond!
Spread buttered bread with a smear of Dijon mustard. Top with Swiss cheese, sliced ham and a few spinach leaves. Heat a little oil and butter in a frying pan, and fry on both sides until golden and crisp.

(A Sandpiper, Reserve Carignan/Shiraz, d'Oc, France would compliment any of these dishes. It is sort of spicy, herbal and a shade truffle-y.)

BON APPETITE...... inat.
Daffyd

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm

All sound super, cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Rowan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:44 pm

They do, thanks Daffyd :mrgreen:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Daffyd » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Whoa! Hold back there pardner, I've got a whole saddlebag full of scrumptious suppers that you can enjoy right there on the sofa.......

GREEK SALAD

Make a tomato and cucumber salad, but add in some chopped red onions and mint leaves. Dress with a lemon vinaigrette. Grill some slices of halloumi cheese and serve on top of the salad, with a little toasted pitta on the side.

SMOKED SALMON OMELETTE

Beat together a couple of eggs, seasoning and some freshly snipped chives and parsley to make a simple omlette. Now when cooked, fill with smoked salmon and serve with brown bread and butter.

WARM POTATO AND BACON SALAD

Cook some new potatoes until tender and fry some snipped bacon. Tip the drained potatoes into the pan with the bacon and add some wholegrain mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Serve with fresh spinach.

:please: Feeeeeed me!
Daffyd

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 pm

:please: :please: Me too!
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Jo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:05 pm

All sound delicious, will try them. I have put a few pounds on just reading them.
Jo

Postby Daffyd » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:15 pm

:rolleye11: Whistle whilst you work...eh? O.K. let us keep it nice and easy in the kitchen..... :grouphug:

Roll-up...roll-up... how about ....Salmon roll-ups?

Spread soft flour tortillas with cream cheese... (not that much) and top with smoked salmon or trout. Season with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice (go on... a bit more lemon juice ) add rocket leaves, then roll up tightly and cut into slices.

Nice innit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not into Salmon? Then how about a lamb burger roll up?

Cook lamb burgers, then break into chunks and serve on flatbread or soft flour tortillas with chopped mint and either sour cream or Greek yogurt and lots of ground pepper.
Now the good part......... roll up and eat!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To warm? Then why not try a salad? What kind? Hmm.... Ham and Peach sounds nice!

Lightly cook a couple of asparagus spears, add a few peas and then drain, cool and serve with crumpled slices of ham, fresh peach slices and watercress. Mix chopped mint with yoghurt, lemon juice and ground black pepper, and drizzle over...........

Nice one!

Mixing tastes... now that is an experience... shall we try a trout and grapefruit refresher?

Peel and segment white and pink grapefruit. Arrange on a plate with slices of smoked trout. Drizzle with olive oil, season well and serve with a sprig of coriander.

Heh- a- heha..... eet tastes good...no? :sunglasses:

Something a little more substantial? Straight to the hips via the pleasure zone......

Potao and egg fry-up..... (I know...) Fry leftover cooked new potatoes, a few button mushrooms, a few sprigs of thyme and a little chopped onion, until golden. Make a hole in the centre and drop in an egg. Cook gently until the egg is set, and season well.

(The chopped onions always make my eyes water....the rest makes my mouth water.)

:magnify: Always on the look-out for more!
Daffyd

Postby Daffyd » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

:tantrum2: Just wait!...... :sorry:

:now: .....

Soba..noodle salad...

Boil soba noodles until tender, adding baby sweetcorn for the last two minutes. Drain and add cooked prawns, sliced spring onions and shredded mangetout peas. Drizzle with lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and sesam oil. Finish with a scattering of sesame seeds.

Moving across the globe....

Russian Salad...

Mix cold cooked potatoes and peas with a little mayonnaise. Add diced beetroot just before serving and top with halves of hard boiled quails eggsand a scattering of snipped chives.

Minty feta rice...

Mix cold cooked rice with crumbled feta cheese, Greek yogurt and finely chopped mint. Add diced cucumber and strips of red pepper, season well and served chilled.

Who brought the wine?...... :sad: I forgot!
Daffyd

Postby Rowan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:38 pm

You're a very naughty boy Daffyd! Making us all hungry :rolleye11: !
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Recipes and Tips