Somerfield Magazine!

Your favourite recipes and tips

Somerfield Magazine!

Postby toolip2 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Our small local Somerfield is closing :huffin: and Budgens are taking over in March :hide: . I have never shopped in Budgens and wonder what it's like. The reason I am posting in here is because I love Somerfild's magazines and have had some really excellent recipes from it over the years. So I sat down this morning and read through loads that have been lurking in my cook book drawer/s and I have cut out lots of really good recipes from snacks, lunches, dinners and desserts. I will have to travel to another town to pick up this lively little mag! :tantrum2: :huffin: :sad:

Do any of you have a store drawer full to the gunwales with recipes cut outs from various mags?

:mrgreen:
toolip2

Postby Rowan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 pm

I used to but now I type or copy them where I see them and put them in a document file on the computer.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Good idea! :sunglasses:
toolip2

Postby DaisyB » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Budgens are expensive Toolip, we have them in Brighton and Hove. Mind, they open on Christmas Day if you've a mind to go shopping then.
DaisyB

Postby toolip2 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 pm

DaisyB wrote:Budgens are expensive Toolip, we have them in Brighton and Hove. Mind, they open on Christmas Day if you've a mind to go shopping then.

Thanks for the warning, Daisy and I will keep my eyes skinned at their prices. Someone told me its like Aldi and Lidl. Re Christmas day: we have a One Stop that opens on that day and it does a trade!!! :groaner: :huffin:
toolip2

Return to Recipes and Tips