Cough cough cough :(:(

Health issues

Re: Cough cough cough :(:(

Postby Monsy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm

If they make you nauseous you can change them for something else. At least the Doctor listened and made an effort to help you.

I don't know what Sizzlers is, a steak house maybe? I would be in heaven, I love steak, but it has become a luxury now.

Good luck Jann, hope the pills do the trick. Remember to take the odd half hour just for yourself, a couple of times a day........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby e » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm so glad your GP is sympathetic to your needs Jann :) and your new doc too jessiejane. It makes life so much easier when you can at least discuss things with them instead of them making a prescription out just as soon as you've said 'hello'.

Enjoy the meal tonight Jann and start thinking about what the doctor said. If you don't care for yourself then you won't be in a position to care for anyone else :exactly:

Big hugs from me :bighugs:
e

Postby dita » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Hope the Paroxetine suits you Jann its a good medication if it does. Its easier said than done to look after yourself when you are responsible and care for other people. I have that fired at me all the time. :bighugs: :bighugs: Anxiety is one of the things and it is hard to control.
Am thinking of you. xx
dita

Postby jessiejane » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 pm

jann, glad you were able to discuss worries with your doc, he sounds interested and that is important, see how the tablets go, not heard of them, are they a transquiliser ? all tablets take a little while to kick in so must be given a fair trial, but it depends on the effects they have on you personally, as we are all different and what suits one does not suit another. It will be good to have better news of you. Jessiejane
jessiejane

Postby mazzy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 am

Hope you had a good time last night Jann. I am so glad that your GP was helpful. It makes all the difference in the world, and sometimes just talking can be a great help.
My sister was taking Paroxetine and it helped her a great deal. Good luck :bighugs:
mazzy

Postby Jann » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Monsy wrote:If they make you nauseous you can change them for something else. At least the Doctor listened and made an effort to help you.

I don't know what Sizzlers is, a steak house maybe? I would be in heaven, I love steak, but it has become a luxury now.

Good luck Jann, hope the pills do the trick. Remember to take the odd half hour just for yourself, a couple of times a day........

Here we are Monsy ....... I download vouchers to the tune of two meals and a drink for £9.99 .yes two ....

http://www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk/
Jann

Postby Corrie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Had my hands full with hubby's hip replacement so just caught up on lots of posts. I hope things are improving for you Jann.
Corrie

Postby Jann » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks friends..

I am ok I suppose except I am finding this caring lark a bit trying...Mick has decided to act the part of an invalid at the moment ,he is on the oxygen 15 hrs a day and tomorrow he is to be issued with a portable back pack to enable us to stop out for longer than we are doing at the moment,I do feel for him but he is milking it a bit ,I am not the most patient of people at the best of times so the situation is getting to me....

I have been busy organising having our central heating changed from solid fuel to gas as Mick is not able to see to the stove anymore,so that was done,then I made him a sitting room in the spare bedroom bought a TV for him etc ,have had dealings with the dietician at the hospital as Mick did go down to 6st 8lb so he has been prescibed calorific drinks he is now 7st 2lb ,he has never been heavier than 8st anyway,so all these jobs are taking their toll,our family are hepling with our dog,I can manage the two cats,our fireman grandson is doing the garden,our daughter and husband are taking me out once a week for a cheap and cheerful ,our son and his partner who live in the Peaks also are taking us both out for a drink...our eldest son is in Spain for six months on a working/holiday he will be back in October and by then I am just hoping we are on a better even keel.

So sorry to moan but as I haven't been with you for a while I thought I had better keep you in the loop,off the anxiety tablets made me feel even worse so I'll stick to the red red wine :rolleye11:
Jann

Postby e » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Jann, do give the BLF Helpline a ring 03000 030 555 (it's Freephone) and it's not just for people living with COPD, but for their carers too :)

Discuss things with them, I'm sure they will be able to help you.
e

Postby dejavou » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

If you're still feeling stressed and down Jann, try St Johns Wort, a herbal pick me up and non addictive, they work a treat for me
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby dita » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Jann I have been wondering how you are, as you should have found out by my PM
Big Hugs To You xxx
dita

Postby Jann » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 am

Once again I will thank you all for your support,dita I did reply by pm xx also here is a link that dejavou suggested quite interesting the link is too ....

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/stjohnswort ... ession.htm
Jann

Postby dita » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am

Sorry Jann, I dont know where reply went, did check nothing in there. xxx
Take Care
dita

Postby Jann » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 am

:sorry: :sorry: I replied dita almost immediately so goodness knows where it has gone to,it was a mile long so perhaps it got deleted because of that .....I appreciate your support and at the moment I do need it :grouphug: xxxxxx
Jann

Postby Monsy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am

I am glad you have posted Jann, because I was wondering how you were getting on.

Thinking of you x
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Previous

Return to Health and Well-being