I saw the neurologist again this afternoon

Health issues

I saw the neurologist again this afternoon

Postby DaisyB » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:51 pm

..about my giddy/balance problem. He said that the blood tests were fine, no vitamin deficiencies. The CT scan came back with an all clear report but Dr Saha is a little concerned about a grey area on the lower right of my brain (yes I do have one). He explained that CT scans are not so good as MRI scans and he might refer me to a hospital with an open MRI scanner. At least there are no bleeds or tumours but he said I may have had a mini stroke. He is now going to refer me to the balance clinic at the ENT dept.
I did ask if my problem could just be nerves, but he said he feels it is more than just nerves as my eyes do not respond as they should when I followed the tip of his pen.
At least he is trying to rule out the obvious, I do have confidence in him, which makes a change.
DaisyB

Postby Corrie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm

My hubby is having all kinds of tests too June which stems from the vertigo which began in October 09. Its progressively got worse with a period of 5 months respite after I did the Epley procedure (simple) on him. From the beginning of us packing up the house in the intense heat in France it became much much worse, so much so, he too has terrible balance problems. Doctors here have tried him on now his 3rd different tablet which has improved it slightly and tomorrow he has a retina test as he too did'nt respond too well to the following of the tip of his pen. He's being referred to ENT and awaiting an appointment (in France we'd have had one following day plus the MRI scan in the same day too), however, we're grateful that they're going in-depth with it and a solution may be found. Having confidence in the doctors does make you feel a whole load better and I wish you all the best.
Corrie

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Good to know that the CT was clear June and also to know that you have confidence in the neurologist.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you and just hope that all goes well when you do finally have the MRI scan.
My niece has had both scans this afternoon because she has been going dizzy for some time now. She has got to wait now for the results.
Maywalk

Postby mazzy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:59 am

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems June - sounds like Dr Saha is a good one though.
Hope all goes well for you.
mazzy

Postby Monsy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 am

Hope it is soon sorted June, it can't be very nice for you feeling giddy. Can you still drive?
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dita » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 am

Hope it sorted out very soon June. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:29 pm

swmbo has been having what are called drop attacks.......she passes out when walking. Has had a few sore faces over the past year. The problem is that her new heart valve is not working correctly and more improtanly she has dead cells in her heart caused by handling when the valve was fitted.

She was in Hospital this week for a 4 hour operation which involved putting 3 wires up her groin right into her heart and burning away the dead cells.

We wont know for several weeks if this has worked as the heart requires time to settle down as it were.

Oh yes, she has taken the week off work......on the sick!!!!!
Steve

Postby Maywalk » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I have had my appointment come through today to see a neurologist in November.
This is a follow up of all the seizures I have had since Easter Monday 2010.
This will probably be able to confirm whether I have developed Epilepsy in later life like my father did.

Steve I only hope that SWMBO will be a lot better when its all over.
It sounds as though she has been through the mill. :(
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Sorry to hear about SWMBO Steve, she's had rather a hard time over the last couple of years hasn't she, let's hope this last op helps to sort things out :grouphug:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Lacemaker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

June, I hope they find out what i wrong with you and can fix it.

Steve - what else can go wrong with SWMBO ? That poor woman has really been going through the mill healthwise as well as having to put up with you all the time. :twisted:

(Perhaps that is why she doesn't want to retire .....)
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby DaisyB » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Yes I'm ok driving Monsy because I'm sitting down. It's when I stand and walk that I get giddy and feel spaced out.
Sorry to hear about SWMBO Steve, it's no fun getting old is it?
DaisyB

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:57 pm

June mixed news I hope all works out well for you.
Steve best wishes to SWMBO she really has been through it recently, again I hope all works out well.
Victors Mate

Return to Health and Well-being