Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Health issues

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Postby dabthoms » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Anyone suffer from this annoying hand/wrist symptom? I'm due for surgery on 6th March on my left wrist then some weeks later my right. Beginning to have second thoughts especially as at the moment have had gout in both feet this week and had to use elbow crutches to get around.
dabthoms

Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Postby Corrie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Hubby had his done in 2004, no probs with op or afterwards. Good friend also had hers done last week, same report on the op and is pleased with how her fingers are feeling so far. Good luck.
Corrie

Postby DaisyB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I had my right hand done a couple of years ago. The relief is instant. I was going to have it for my left, but that doesn't bother me so much and it's mainly at night. I had mine done by Benenden Health as private was quicker and my right hand really was giving me grief. It did hurt, they had to top up the local anaethsetic twice as I could feel what they were doing. But that is rare. Healing took a while, but then being diabetic, that is normal. I'm glad I had it done.
DaisyB

Postby dabthoms » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank you both for the reassurance. Have just returned home after the surgery and I'm having the cup that cheers. Saw the doctor at 4.15 and it was all over and I was leaving by 5,00pm. Still numb I'm pleased to say but the paracetamol are lined up in readiness! Will report back in a few days.
dabthoms

Postby Corrie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Glad its over with and you are positive, I'm sure you will feel far better for having it done. x
Corrie

Postby dabthoms » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Can't say I notice any great improvement so far with the exception of It no longer wakens me during the night. At least being woken with a dead hand that it took ages to restore some life to has gone. Other than that it's still a case of waiting more in hope than expectation.
dabthoms

Postby Corrie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

You'll be fine and will notice a big difference in weeks.
Corrie

Postby Monsy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:46 am

Hope it continues to improve.........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dabthoms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm

At last my forefinger seems to be getting a small bit of feeling to it. Apart from that all much the same still. Had to visit my heart failure nurse this morning and knowing what was in store as regards the distance I'd be walking had to buy a pair of arthritic crutches. With my elbow ones it means putting weight on my palms and because of the surgery to my hand couldn't do that and besides I'm getting over gout in both my big toes! Must say the new crutches proved to be very helpful in gettting about, even though they cost a fortune.
dabthoms

Return to Health and Well-being