Blood Pressure Medication

Health issues

Postby Josieclick » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:13 pm

Oh yeah Oh yeah

Good news.....

My appointment with the cardiac nurse this afternoon....never before in all life have I been normal,well BP wise anyway,but today I am as normal as you all !!!

So I have to take the reduced strength Atenolol until I run out -three weeks time,then I see the nurse again early September,with a view to coming off the beta blockers full stop,just to take the Bendrofluerozide and the Simvastatin,plus the Aspirin,so things are looking up.....mind as an aside coming of the fags and booze helped :banana:
Josieclick

Postby Rowan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:27 pm

Oooh..normal - you are lucky Josie - I've never managed normal either. Good news though. :mrgreen:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:29 pm

Great news JC :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby dita » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:25 am

WOW! Josie, :fam21: Now that is really something, not very often that happens. HOW THE HELL HAS SHE DONE IT?????
There has been stuff on the news saying they are trying to get most people off Beta-Blockers and using other kinds of medication. For me though he put me on it and I hate it, infact I have halved my dose, this is recommended for people over a certain age because of side-effects etc: My GP did not do this he just told me to take 1 a day. Chemist told me to be careful when I first picked up the prescription. Anyway I can at least stay awake more and not be like a ruddy zombi.
dita

Postby Monsy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:33 am

Well done Josie, you must be doing something right!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Josieclick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:38 am

Many thanks folks,maybe it helps to write it down,I have seen that somewhere,I only hope I will continue along the good health lines,can't muck about at my age :huffin:
Josieclick

Postby Josieclick » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:51 pm

How time flies....

The cardiac nurse tomorrow afternoon...now been off the reduced Altenolol for over a week,so we'll see what happens...I think I now have to have another fasting blood test .....

Going for the normal blood pressure reading....see you on this topic then later :banana:
Josieclick

Postby Josieclick » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:59 pm

All was well on the western front this afternoon...no need, fingers crossed to go back onto the Beta blockers again,so I have to have a further blood test next month for the cholestorol...giving the Simvastin time to have worked...it seems I am out of the woods.....keeping off the fags and booze is a must ,well for me anyway,keep well all :banana: .
Josieclick

Postby vannin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:40 pm

When I was changed from Atorvastatin to Simvastatin, like people all over the country to assist NHS cost-cutting (Sim costs one fifth of the Ato :thinking: ) the transition didn't go smoothly so I stopped taking them at the weekend. My fasting blood test is due shortly followed by the annual Cardiac clinic apptmt. Then, all being well, I shall be back on Atorvastatin.
vannin

Postby Josieclick » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:36 am

As the cardiac nurse said yesterday,you have done everything you could to help yourself ,so we as a practise are as pleased as you are.....off to my Yoga class in an hour :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Josieclick

Postby DaisyB » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:53 pm

Lloyds Pharmacy are currently selling proper upper arm Blood Pressure monitors for £9.99, the full retail price will be £44.99 when the offer ends. Useful for anyone having to keep an eye on their blood pressure.

http://www.lloydspharmacy.co.uk/
DaisyB

Postby dita » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Had a message to go and check BP, went and found out that I had been put on a new Medication in Aug, Ramipril ACE Inhibitor..... First I had heard, they said it was for chronic kidney disease it should have been 59 mine is 60. They seemed to really not know anything that made sense. My Dr was on cruise so saw another one who said it maybe a chance for me to reduce the Beta-blockers. Thing is I had already halved that and despite that my BP was 145 over 70. Anyway I had chat with the Chemist who advised me not to take at the same time as my other medication because it would cause probs until I was used to it. Odd all this because it is 5mths since I was at DR's but the new drug was issued in Aug?????? Have I got a Twin/
dita

Postby Kevin » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:22 pm

All I can tell you Dita is that Ramipril is well-known for causing post-nasal drip - that annoying condition that has you constantly blowing your nose. I suffer very badly from it, and was taken off Ramipril and prescribed a different ACE inhibitor a couple of months ago when I told my GP about it.

In order to get my BP right, they have to constantly monitor the interactions between ACE inhibitor, beta blocker and statin. My cardiac nurse visited me last Friday and pronounced me in very good condition, I'm pleased to say! Mind you, that was only a few hours before I clocked that little thug with my walking stick! :rolleye11:
Kevin

Postby DaisyB » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:16 pm

I couldn't use ACE inhibitors, it made me cough too much
DaisyB

Postby dita » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:59 am

Had enough sinus and coughing when I was smoking, you cannot flipping win can you! :dunno:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Well-being