Root Canal

Health issues

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:35 pm

I'm glad it's all over now Dita. I got mine done that way too and its worked for me just fine. Nothing wrong with being vain!! :rolleye11:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:35 pm

Well done Dita, and look on the bright side, whilst you can't chew very much, you may lose some weight :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby dita » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:12 pm

Do you know that this is the second thing you have supported me through, the first being the difficult task of my attempt to stop smoking, next month this will be 1 year and I have never attempted to have a ciggy since. Now you have been just as supporting about my dental problem, hopefully that has now been solved, until my bottom teeth decide to fall out.

Cannot show you my shiny new smilers at the moment but rest assured they are smiling at you all now and saying THANKYOU for being my friends. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:55 pm

Oh Dita that wonderful that you hav e stopped now for nearly a year - it seems like yesterday - showing my age now!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :fam21: :fing:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Lacemaker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 pm

Congratulations Dita. You have done well. :magnify:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Thanks Rowan and Lacemaker. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Monsy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:38 pm

I'm really glad you stuck with it Dita, I bet you are a lot better off these days as well as feeling healthier.......
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dita » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:36 pm

Yes Monsy, it has been truly worth it in every direction, my health is so much improved and the funny thing is we mostly smoke when stressed because it calms us down, actually it can be just the opposite, I feel less stressed now. As for money, have saved and spent at least £20+per week never been so wasteful, can afford and not feel guilty when I have a bean-feast.
dita

Postby Monika » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:16 pm

I haven't been posting here just lately as I've had problems of one thing after another - as we all sometimes get.

I'm much better now, but a couple of weeks ago, my root canal problem flared up again and I had screaming toothache for three nights whereby I couldn't lay down on either side of my face and had to spend those nights sitting up in an armchair.

Then the antibiotics kicked in and a week last Monday I went and had an extraction.

Unfortunately, I have some upper partial dentures and a new tooth was added on - since which time they don't fit very well anymore.

After Christmas, I'm going to get a new plate made (when the gum has healed up completely).
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby dita » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:43 pm

The plate I have is really uncomfortable too, have had so many teeth added to my once small denture, keep trying to find something to help in the form of snugs, sticky stuff etc: until my gums have settled which will be the beginning of Dec. One thing it is much less painful than all the abscesses.
Know how you felt Monika. :grouphug:
dita

Previous

Return to Health and Well-being