Postby Rowan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Good for you Dita - good luck tomorrow.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Clara » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:14 am

Same from me too Dita. Let us know how you get on. ;)
Clara

Postby dita » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:32 pm

Hello. I told my husband I would be oka to drive myself about 13 miles to my Dentist as I was sure she would just do an examination and give me a new appointment. How flipping wrong I was, she decided that the best thing to do was take out the tooth which had an infection and arrange for me to go back next week for the impression,take away my denture, then the following day go back to pick up my denture with the tooth added on. She also informed me that in her opinion it would be better to remove the rest of my upper ones during the next few weeks. I have also been put on antibiotics.

I felt a bit of an idiot really because my mouth was bleeding quite a bit, I had this ruddy big lump of red cotton wool sticking out of my mouth, I was still frozen and one side of my mouth was sort of curled up as though well........ I cannot really describe it, I will leave it to your imagination. Anyway I was stood there in Boots waiting for my prescription aware what I looked like because there was this damn mirror staring at me. Must admit I did feel a bit shaky, think it was shock more than anything as I had been so sure nothing would be done. Now realising it was not good to be so big-headed as I now have to battle through heavy traffic home.

Guess I have turned it into a bit of a saga really, but it is fine for you all to laugh. Watch this space :roflmao:
dita

Postby dejavou » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:07 pm

Worst bit's over now Dita :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monika » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:28 pm

Aah, dita (air hugs) .... I'm not laughing, particularly as my own recent experience tells me exactly how you must have felt.

I know just what you mean when you said you felt a bit shaky. So did I.

I went shopping in ASDA immediately after my treatment and I'm glad I had a trolley to lean on.

Hoping you fair better next time.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm

What a shame Dita - I hope you are pampering yourself tonight. :grouphug:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby twinsmum » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:31 am

:evil: Had a similar experience but the dam thing snapped off luckily John was picking me up as we were going to the Grandsons birthday tea,I had to go back the next day and to the dentist surprise the root came out very easy,the reason he left it was he didn't what to make my mouth too sore.
twinsmum

Postby dita » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:34 pm

Thankgoodness, At those times you imagine you are the only person around and everyone is looking at you, in fact maybe noone even noticed me, only me. Not worried about the impression next week, it will be living with the gaps overnight. Stupid vain woman. :sad: It was so good to read about all your experiences too. Bless You :grouphug:
dita

Postby Rowan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:45 pm

Well, I am a stupid vain woman as well Dita!! :rolleye11:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Clara » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:57 pm

So sorry to hear about your experience Dita. :sorry: I'm a stupid vain woman too and I can well imagine how you feel. :roll:
Clara

Postby dita » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:01 pm

Well we'll all be vain together. :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Went on Monday as arranged for my impression, only thing was she advised me to have the rest of my top teeth out the following day because the fact was they were all loose and would only last a couple of months. Quick think about this before I consented because she was talking sense.

So yesterday off I went with husband in tow this time, to have teeth removed and as she already had done the impression for the whole replacement it was all sorted. The denture was put in following the extraction and that was that, the most painful part was the injections to freeze the areas. In a couple of months when all is settled she is going to give me a new denture which will fit better. Impressed really because I was only overnight without teeth, and this lady Polish Dentist was very kind to me.

Sore today cannot bite yet, apart from that fine, just releaved it is over. Thanks for listening folks. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Monika » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:23 pm

I am so pleased that you've got sorted, without too much hassle, dita.

:mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Monsy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 pm

Do you have a winning smile now?

Glad it all went well..........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Clara » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:43 pm

Pleased for you Dita. I just wish I could persuade my hubby to do what you've done. Sigh! He's hanging onto his loose teeth like grim death! :roll:
Clara

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Well-being