Fed up me..

Health issues

Fed up me..

Postby Mgzy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:26 pm

Long story short.. Diagnosed with reccurring M.S ages ago and normally able to deal with it except when on occasion it deems fit to drop me on my arse for a wee ehile.. Usually not long and it goes and leaves me with another wee creak to deal with..

This time though.. it's sneaked up over a few weeks and I find meself losing ability in a larger part of me.. Al the way from my shoulder right down to my fingers on me left arm..

I've got iffy bits in a few places that parts of me still knows what they should be doing and make allowances for.. as in.. some parts don't wanna play but the rest of me chums it along and other nerve endings make allowances for the bits that have forgot..

So it doesn't seem like theres a problem until folk look close qnd pay attention..

Now me left arm is off doing it's own thing and I really have to pay attention..

Seems I have a concentration of problems on me left side that have been dealable with physically and a few moments where the left side of me brain throws a wobbly once or twice.. but it goes... as in the recurring aspect..

This is different.. it's taking it's time and hanging around.. not just appearing for a while and calming down a bit after ..

and it's nippy.. like a dunt on the funny bone of your knee on a desk.. or banging your funny bone in your elbow.. Or as men have said who I've tried to explain it to.. Like a kick in the bollocks..

tsk.. Not a rant for any other reason than to bring it to health and well being..

I think I'm lucky as I've known and still do know M/S sufferers..

Two have died..

Bliddy nuisance it is.. I've got things to do.... !!
Mgzy

Postby widget » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:48 pm

I think you are very brave to talk about it like this, I hope it helps you to tell us all, feel sure we are all here to listen, as for things to do, there is always another day,
good luck to you Mgzy,
widget

Postby Mgzy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:56 pm

Thanks Ann.. Yes it makes a difference when there's somewhere to have a wee rant.. Just hope I can find out where Maisie gets her "pooky acky pill" from.. :mrgreen:

And to let anyone e4lse in my situation know.. that they better pay attention to how their typing looks... lol
Mgzy

Postby Maywalk » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:16 pm

Mgzy,
You put my moans and groans to shame and believe you me if I could get a "pooky acky pill" to put you right I certainly would.
Failing that here is a big hug just to let you know that we are here when you want to let off steam. God Bless.

Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Miggsy, my opposite number at work has MS too and she gets days when she is fit for nothing and other days where she is quite well. I know its hard for her and she also hates either talking about it, or even admitting that it's a problem at times. Worse when she's tired too.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Lacemaker » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:07 am

Mggzy - my heart goes out to you - my sister had MS. :grouphug:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:24 am

Ah Mgzy, aint life a bugger. You the lady who has us laughing, and stops my whinging. My heart goes out to you too. My son-in-law's sister has recently been diagnosed with MS and it started with vertigo/labyrinthitis apparently.
vannin

Postby Monsy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 am

Don't give up Miggsy.

Remember........

Places to go, people to meet, things to do, new fiancys..........

Cram it all in the days you are well.......

Then you can look back and snigger......

xxxx non JIF
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dejavou » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:54 am

Tried to think of something cheeky & cheery to say Miggsy, but I can't ...... Life's a bitch :sad:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Emm » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 pm

Me too Deja.
Things like this, put my aches and pains into the shade.
Emm

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:20 pm

Mgzy just read this thread. I was devasted to read your news and full of admiration for your courageous approach.

Its revelations like this that makes "carpe diem" more than a forum signature.
Victors Mate

Postby DaisyB » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:30 pm

MS is another wicked disease and I admire your ability to keep smiling. I have a friend with MS, who also happened to get breast cancer a couple of years ago. I was so angry for her, she is one of the sweetest people I know and yet the b******s of this world sail through life problem free.
DaisyB

Postby Lacemaker » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:17 pm

I know what you mean, June, my sister had also lost a leg through bone cancer and then she developed this rotten MS condition. She was such a great person - would do anything for anyone.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:52 pm

Mgzy, What a great description of that lousy illness, you have such a great sense of fun and it is a pleasure to read whatever you write, this was something else, thanks so much for sharing it. :grouphug: My lovely daughter in law has it too, like you she is a very brave lady.
dita

Postby Kevin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 am

Great that you can keep smiling Miggsy! MS is a bugger of a condition - Lurline's cousin in Los Angeles has it, but like you, she carries on regardless. More power to you girl! :sunglasses:
Kevin

Return to Health and Well-being