Migraines

Health issues

Postby Daff » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:43 pm

Thanks Anya
remember when those caps first came out to treat chemotherapy patients, helped stop sickness and a great by product was less hair loss.
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
Albert Camus
Daff

post subject

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Anya, the two pressure points I promised. At the base of the scull in the hollow and above the nose the hollow between the eyebrows. Try to press them gently at the same time with the middle fingers for one minute at a time. Hope this helps. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Anya » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:29 am

Worrrn't me wot asked m'am - but thanks.

Those are among the points where the ice goes on the Migraine Mask, I believe?

I must be very lucky and never suffer headaches, unless I drink too much coffee and I cannot abide the instant muck. I cut down to one pot in the morning and that seems to work.
Anya

Postby Rowan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:33 am

I do that now too Anya - when I was drinking a LOT of pot coffee I had terrible headaches and even palpitations. I do use instant but either decaff or mild.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Sorry Anya, should have put Daff. Never mind eh. cheers Penny. :oops:
Penny

Postby Daff » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Thanks Penny
Today was my 6th migraine in 10 days and quite honestly I'm thinking the only cure will be a pistol to the head :now:
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
Albert Camus
Daff

Postby Anya » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:12 am

When I read about the decaff process, I thought that the real stuff is probably better, in moderation.

Of course just recently they declared that a small amount of coffee each day, say two mugs, is an asset, just like the bitter chocklit.

One of these days, it shall be revealed that eating pink plaster of paris is really, really good for you :sad:
Anya

Postby Rowan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:51 am

Theythink of another thing not good for you every day - wouldn't surprise me about the pink plaster of paris either! :roll:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:47 am

Hi everyone this is my first post

I've had migraines for almost 15 year and Ive tried almost everything from chinese herbal to prescriptions even the acupunture points. Some tablets work for a short period of time but I found after a while your body gets used to them and the migraines comes back. I have a constant headache with it building to a migraine maybe 1-2 times a week and if anyone has a new remedy i'd love to here about it.

Cheese has a terrible effect, to the point I pass out. It even got us a free meal at a pizza house, but I can eat as much chocolate as I like.

By the way I'm going through a divorce so fingers crossed the headaches will go away.
Sue

Postby Anya » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:20 am

Daff and Sue - That is really bad, you poor things !! Has it always been like that, or is it a more recent problem?

Not natural to be afflicted so constantly. Have you had any special investigations?
Anya

Postby maggiesaes » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:10 am

Sounds as though you need a bit more investigation Daff cos this does sound excessive now you poor little thing.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
MaggiesaesImage
maggiesaes

Postby widget » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 am

Oh I do feel for you both, you would think by now some more could be done for Migraines, my theory is they are either psychological, or dietary,
I think a lot of what we eat is the cause of a majority of problems, all the chemicals and preservative in food is frightening,
have you both tried decaf tea and coffee, I have it all the time, think nothing of it, I do it for heart reasons, also my parrot likes a drink and biscuit dunk in coffee and they have very small hearts and must not have caffeine!!
Good luck with the divorce Sue. :rolleye11:
widget

Postby Daff » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:01 pm

Rarely touch coffee, only when travelling cos it is slightly less worse than service station tea. Have done several food exclusion diets and it doesn't appear to be dietary related.
I think it is hormonal.
First migraines started when I was 10 years old they went away by 16, next batch started 22 and lasted till 29, then relatively clear until 36 and these won't go away. Just the last 3 years that they have got to this extreme, my only hope is that if the menopause ever ends then the headaches will to.
Sue if your divorce ends your headaches let me know, hubby will be out of the door so quick :rolleye11:
Albert Camus
Daff

Postby Rowan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:09 pm

:roflmao:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:07 pm

They have offered a brain scan but they are pretty sure that it is hormonal.

they did ask when I was a child if I suffered from stomache pains (which I did) and said sometimes this was related.

I must admit I do sometimes have the odd mug of coffee but I dont find this makes any difference.
Sue

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Well-being