What can I say?

Health issues

Postby DaisyB » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Nervous now, at least this time tomorrow it'll be over, I hope.
Attachments
Thanks6mouse.gif
Thanks6mouse.gif (32.17 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
DaisyB

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:10 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you June. God Bless.

Maywalk

Postby Dottie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:11 am

DaisyB

Think positive Mate. My thoughts are with you, I recently had a scare myself and I know what you are going through. Bless you and keep you.
Dottie
Dottie

Postby Anya » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:12 am

Very best wishes, June
Anya

Postby Rowan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:14 am

Everything crossed for you...and will be thinking about you.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Daff » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:49 pm

Prayers are with you DaisyB
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
Albert Camus
Daff

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:54 am

June I hope you don't mind me posting this.

A mutual friend on a different forum had a phone call from June, she's still in the hospital and she's feeling OK.

She didn't get attended to until after 1pm this afternoon. They did a form of epidural on her because the anaesthetist wasn't happy with giving her a general anaesthic because of her diabetes. They have removed a polyp and sent it off for analysis.

At the moment June is numb from the waist down with just a little feeling beginning to return to her legs, but she is now being kept in overnight.
Victors Mate

Postby twinsmum » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:13 am

Thanks VM lets hope the news is good when the results come back.

Been think about you June, God Bless.
twinsmum

Postby Rowan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks for that VM. Its very worrying wwhen one of us has health problems. I'm glad she's feeling okay.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby DaisyB » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Good morning, They let me out at 10am and I'm now answering all the lovely phone calls, emails and messages.

I was called up to the operating theatre at 1pm, as Tony says, but then had to wait for a couple of hours outside the theatre as my consultant was on his was back from a hospital in Haywards Heath as was the anaesthetist, who on arrival couldn't find a parking space. The anaesthetist said that with the diabetes a general anaesthetic was too risky and he wanted to do a 'spinal block'. I really didn't want this as I'd had no pre med and am very squeamish about anything to do with my spine or my eyes. I'd had an epidural go wrong when I had Ian (it went up instead of down and had to be turned on my side)
Anyway he was very persuasive and he won. The block numbs you from the waist to your toes, rather like the injection you have at the dentists. I was also given oxygen and a fluid drip. I was so cold all the time too. I was able to hear all that Mr Larsen-Disney said during the procedure and even able to watch my insides on the screen if I wished!

It took almost three hours for the lower half of my body to 'come back', during which time I had to be flat on my back. It was the weirdest feeling. It's not easy to drink a cup of tea through a straw whilst flat out! But it did taste good and it warmed me up again.

He removed some large polyps and did a D&C and he told me that he is 90% certain there is no cancer but has sent everything off to be checked. So now I have to wait for the results.

I feel much happier now and no ill effects apart from slightly 'wobbly' legs and a dragging pain, and at last the bleeding has stopped.

Thank you all so much for your concern, it's been much appreciated.

Just as a postscript; as Dave left from visiting me last night he picked up a missed call on his mobile. My almost 86 year old father was in A&E at the same hospital. He has overturned his mobility scooter and broken his humorous. The things he'll do to try and upstage me. :roll:
DaisyB

Postby Shutterfrog » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Good to hear you are home and feeling better about things. Hope your father recovers quickly too.
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Victors Mate » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:51 pm

I have replied in another place June.
I hope I did right in letting the folks here know of your progress.
Victors Mate

Postby DaisyB » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:02 pm

Yes that's fine Tony, and thank you.
I now have to break the news to my boss that I've been signed off for two weeks. He's going to love that.
DaisyB

Postby dejavou » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Just lay it on thick June, you might even get some flowers out of it :rolleye11:

Glad you're feeling brighter now, the results will be fine, 'cos I refuse to allow ANY bad news on the Forum this year :banana:

Hope your dad's improving now too
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby DaisyB » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Thanks Deja
DaisyB

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Well-being