Sore Head

Health issues

Sore Head

Postby Monika » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:38 pm

Does anyone know what is the cause of this condition?

Very often, and particularly in the evening, I develop a sore, tender scalp which is very painful to touch and lasts some considerable time.

Sometimes there appears to be small raised lumps which disappear when the tenderness goes.

My mother tells me that she also gets these episodes.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Monsy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:44 pm

Is it some sort of neuralgia, do you think? :dunno:
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Maywalk » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:00 pm

Are you on medication Monika. Sometimes this can cause it.
I had something similar some time ago and had to go and get a cream to rub in my scalp.

OH GAWD! The joys of getting old. :huffin: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Monika » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:32 pm

I've got Chronic Urticaria, and take high dosages of Anti-histamines, but I've been doing that for the past 5-6 years now, Maisie.

This scalp problem only started quite recently but ooooo - it is really sore and almost unbearable to touch. It seems to kind of flare-up for perhaps and hour or so and then die down again, but it happens too frequently for my liking.
Monika

Postby mazzy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:29 pm

One of my work mates has this problem, and his GP has diagnosed it as Neuralgia.
mazzy

Postby Monika » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you everyone for your input.

Am off now to Google neuralgia and see if I can treat myself.

:thankyou:
Monika

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Have you been advised to use Simple shampoo and conditioner, while you find the reason for the scalp pain problem? I had longterm itches all over my head, which turned out to be a side effect of, first Co-Proxamol, then also Codydramol which I started using as the prescribed alternative.

I am 'off' painkillers now and relying on supplements (for arthritis) but continuing to use 'Simple' because I like it and no doubt cos I'm 'Worth It'! It is soap-free and perfume-free.
vannin

Postby twinsmum » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Monika this might sound daft but I have known people with sinus problems, it gos away after the sinus and stuffed up nose as gone.
twinsmum

Postby Monika » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:42 pm

twinsmum

I don't think that sounds daft at all. I have looked at neuralgia and I can't find anything that mirrors what is happening to me - and because I suffer from other sinus problems - I think I'll go down that avenue and take a look there (sounds a definite possibility).

I lay in bed last night thinking about your suggestion and (tomorrow) I've got a review of my tablets with the GP (via telephone around 9.30am) and I have decided to ask her to recommend a reflexologist; a good one is supposedly able to tell what is wrong with you from your feet.

Monika

Postby twinsmum » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Monika,
Why not try inhaling some steam my Doctor recommended it some time ago, once when I used it with Vick in the water the top of my head hurt
twinsmum

Return to Health and Well-being