A Bit Worried

Health issues

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:36 am

Monika and Wend I hope your fears are not realised and you soon have the reassurance you deserve.
You are in my thoughts.
This has been a bad and worrisome year for so many of us, may 2008 be better.
Victors Mate

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:54 pm

I do hope all is o.k. Monica. Do remember that the older we get the more we have in our head and if we are tired or overworked it is natures way of saying, slow down. I know I was very busy this morning preparing and cooking etc ready for grandchildren tonight and tomorrow when I went to the fridge and couldn't for the life of me remember what I had opened it for. It happens to us all sooner or later, so keep positive about hubby. last night I said to my hubby, will you bleed the radiator in the kiddies room and he said yes, see to it in the morning. Lunchtime I said, don't forget the radiator in the back bedroom, he replied, which back bedroom. He had forgotten, or didn't listen in the first place. (more likely) cheers Penny. :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:53 pm

I think sometimes we are so used to doing certain things that we do them automatic, I know I do, then we forget we've done them. I change the water in the dog bowl and a couple of minutes later question myself because I cannot remember if I did it or not. If I am under stress I sometimes do stupid things. Does this make me worried? No because I am not concentrating, just burning myself out with stress.
dita

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 pm

Dita there was a baker on one of Rick Stein's food Heroes programmes who used to leave the lids off the ingredients as he used them so that he knew that he had added them. Thing is he was only a youngish fellow. Sort of the same as your doing things automatically.
Victors Mate

Postby dita » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 pm

Thanks VM I think these days with all the Publicity out there we tend to be aware of these sort of things more. Even worse when you are in close contact with someone who has some kind of Dementia it draws ones attention to what a soul-destroying illness it is.

I do hope you are feeling a little less empty inside. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Monika » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:47 pm

I must say that everyone's been so good and encouraging on here - thanks for that! :grouphug:

The outside tap was the most worrying but, since then, I don't worry too much and think that maybe he's a little tired or not 100% fit and well.

Brian is still doing little things, but I think we all do sometimes. Yesterday's incident was when we went to visit Mum in hospital, he walked on ahead of me and was waiting at the entrance to the wrong building (which was on the other side) as he had forgotten that they moved Mum over the weekend to the South Block and we had only been once before but had been loads of times to the Eye ward and I think that's easily done.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EACH AND EVERYONE AND LET'S HOPE FOR A LESS TROUBLED AND HAPPIER 2008
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby dita » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm

I think he was worried Monika, probably about you as well as Mum. :grouphug:
dita

Previous

Return to Health and Well-being