Vitiligo

Health issues

Vitiligo

Postby Orchidea » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:29 pm

My beautiful 11 year old Grand-daughter, Patience has this, and it's spreading fast now, mostly into her hair and across her shoulders. The hair we can dye, that is not so much a problem, though it is odd seeing these thick chunks of pure white hair over-riding her chestnut colouring.

It's her skin we are more concerned about, and really, nothing medical can be done for this. She will be changing to a senior school in September, and my daughter is so worried she will get bullied and picked on over this oddity. I have suggested trying a permanent dye colouring for her skin to match up with her skin tone, but don't know where or who to go to for a good safe one (Vitiligo sufferers are more prone to skin cancer). Anyone here any ideas at all that will help?
Orchidea

Postby Rowan » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:40 pm

My friend's son, aged 14 has this too Orchidea. It is on his face too and he really is sensitive about it but I've never heard of anything that is good for covering up. For a girl it might be worse though. My aunt had a huge strawberry birthmark covering one half of her face and she used a special make up to cover it up. The internet should be a good source of research into this though.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Orchidea » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:51 pm

I have had a look on the net Rowan, but to be honest I would sooner test something works before I pay for it - if you see what I mean.

I was doing a search for something earlier on, and this was advertised on the same page http://www.bodyweightloss.com/ - :shock: I had to take a peek just for the laugh, but if people can flog trash like this on the web, then I need to be sure that what I need will work for the job.
Orchidea

Postby Rowan » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Maybe you should try one of the beauty counters at a big store and give them the problem to solve - or get in touch with one of the companies - maybe Boots - who might like to help people with this problem. I wol
uld think there are many - and of course those with the facial birthmarks too. Worth a try.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Orchidea » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:15 pm

Yes, that's a good idea, I will try to get down to the big Boots on Teeside Park and see what they can come up with. Failing that it means going to something like House of Fraser, but yes, I will give that a shot - thanks! :)
Orchidea

Postby Pippa » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Orchidia there is a new product on the market. It is a spray on colour that lasts for quite a while. I cannot remember which television program I saw it on but it seemed a good product and the even coverage and perfect skin tone was amazing. It could even be used on port wine birhmarks. I live in Australia and I am not sure if it is an Australian product. I will try and get more information for you. If it is possible to buy it over here I will get some for you and send it over.
Pippa

Postby Pippa » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Here I am again. I have been searching and I have found the product for covering birthmarks etc I don't know whether it is of any use to you Orchidea but it looks good. Perhaps you could email them and ask if they could help?
http://microskin.com.au/
Pippa

Return to Health and Well-being