Damn.I'm getting old and done

Health issues

Damn.I'm getting old and done

Postby Oddquine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:40 am

Got a floater in my left eye............suddenly appeared a couple of days ago........and looks as if it intends to stick around for a while at least.

Anyone had them.........and are they permanent?

A bliddy nuisance when I'm trying to do any close work........can just about ignore it when on pooter.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Shutterfrog » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 am

YES, I have at least two of them nasty floaters.......... They can vanish for ages, then suddenly appear again.

My first one was about 25 years ago and I thought my eye was damaged. If you can, just ignore it. They don't cause damage, just a nuisance. Mine is mainly when looking at solid white objects.

Hope it settles quickly for you.
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby mazzy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:10 am

I've had mine since November. I thought I had a spider walking across my eyeball, and even tried to wash it off with an eye bath full of water
:oops:
You and it will become friends.....................you do get used to it. My optician told me that the brain is very good at adjusting to things like this.

If you have a moment when you haven't any drying paint to watch you can actually track it wandering round!!!

That is in my right eye.....in my left eye I have a small macular hole - now that is fun :huffin:
mazzy

Postby Lacemaker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 pm

I have at least two in my left eye and another in my right. I have had them for a number of years now but they don't bother me until I am looking at plain colour.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Rowan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 am

Got one in my left eye - thought it was a mark on my glasses at first!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby twinsmum » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Iv had lots for years, :roflmao: years ago on here when Rowan put snow flakes on for Christmas I thought they'd gone mad Ups, I must admit since I had my cataracts removed I dont notice them, perhaps on a white background, I believe in America you can have them removed.
twinsmum

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:57 pm

I very often get these darn things but they clear after a couple of days. They are usually harmless and disperse of their own accord.
If they persist it would perhaps be wise to get your eyes checked over.
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:01 pm

You sure they're not wee ghosties Oddie :hide:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:23 pm

I have had them on and off since I was a teenager. They are annoying at times but don't do any harm.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Anya » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 am

Blimey, is there no end to the stuff that I can look forward to ??!! Sorry, miss, to which I can look forward.

I was reading some studies where new drugs are proving very helpful for many of those conditions of the eyes?
Anya

Return to Health and Well-being