Some more pictures

Photography

Some more pictures

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:18 pm

As promised, here's a few pictures of some of the places I've been recently, starting with this pretty little former London Country Bus at the Buckinghamshire village of Studham

Milestones Museum at Basingstoke is cleverly laid out as a series of street scenes. Here's one:

Also at Milestones; I can remember these open-top Leyland buses running around Southsea in the summer during the late 60s:

Another old bus! This one was picking up passengers at Westbury station last Sunday as part of a very misty Warminster Vintage Bus Running Day:

This is the pretty town of Stockbridge in Hampshire where we stopped for a tea break a few weeks ago.

We stopped briefly in Andover on a sodden wet day and I spotted these lovely autumn colours across the car-park - glorious even in the teeming rain.

Lastly, the very attractive New Inn at Heckfield, Hants, where we spent a couple of comfortable nights:
Andere Richtingen

Re: Some more pictures

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Managed to find this site againat last. Lovely pictures Andere. Just shown them to O H and he said ' she certainly does take some good pictures '. I have been browsing all the others and think them wonderful. Clever you. Cheers. Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Great pics Andere, as Penny says you take really good photographs, Thank You.
You always seem to get those Autumn colours just at the right time. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Thank you for your kind comments, ladies; I love it when people like my stuff ..... :ithanku:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Vince » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 am

My goodness those are really lovely photos, many of which we visit most weeks of the year, I play poor golf ! At Leckford just down the road from Stockbridge did you see the trout swimming under the bridge walk over in the high street bridge ? The cafe opposit give you free bread to feed the ducks. The New in at Heckfield my favoursite watering hole where Muhammad Ali once stayed when here, the museum at Basingstoke is well worth a visit.

Brilliant and thank you for the lovely posting.
Vince

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Vince wrote: ..... did you see the trout swimming under the bridge walk over in the high street bridge ? The cafe opposit give you free bread to feed the ducks......

Yes, I did spot the fish! We had tea and scones in the café where there was bread for the ducks on a table by the door; I thought that was a lovely idea. Even though all the experts say we shouldn't be feeding bread to waterfowl, I think it'll take a very long time to change peoples' behaviour :) .

Vince wrote:.... The New in at Heckfield my favoursite watering hole where Muhammad Ali once stayed when here,

Wow! That's more impressive than "Elizabeth I slept here". I'm surprised there isn't a plaque up in Reception to commemorate the event. If you happened to be there last Monday evening, I was the dingbat who caused mayhem and astonishment by managing to get locked OUT of my en-suite bathroom :oops: Still got no idea how that happened ....
Glad you like the pics.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monsy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Lovely pics, lovely places.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Return to Photography