Some recent oddments

Photography

Some recent oddments

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:55 pm

I haven't taken many photos this year as I've been too busy but, in a break from sorting and recycling and packing and chucking out, I thought to put up one or two oddments.

OH and I had a pleasant day out in Kent at the end of May, riding on vintage London Country and Green Line buses. Here's one of them at Eynsford with uniformed conductor standing by:

A couple of weeks ago, we visited the Midland Railway Centre near Ripley in Derbyshire. It's a fascinating place, spread over a huge site with something of interest for just about everyone. Natch, it also has a working railway! Here's the afternoon train to Ridding arriving at Swanwick Junction station:

Here's the river Trent at Kelham, Notts, hastily snapped from the top deck of the bus as we travelled home from Derbyshire. The high water level reflects the recent months of wet weather.

Any railway buffs among you may like this one - a case of being in the right place at the right time. I managed to catch a photo of a train on the East Coast main line at Newark, traversing the only remaining flat crossing in the country. Again, this was from the top deck of the bus - I don't think it could have been taken any other way without a drone!

I was fascinated by this cloud formation. Half an hour previously, the sky had been blue and cloudless. I was sitting in the conservatory with my coffee and realised that lots of little clouds were forming and converging, seemingly right over my roof! By the time I'd fetched my camera, they'd almost completely come together and, within 40 minutes, the sky was a solid mass of grey cumulus and it was raining - again!

I know nowt about gardening but I've always loved hydrangeas. This bush in our Lincolnshire garden was just coming into full and magnificent bloom the day we left to come south so I had to take its picture!
Andere Richtingen

Re: Some recent oddments

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Super pics Andere. Simply love the bus one. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Some recent oddments

Postby dita » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Lovely photos Andere, Newark and also the River Trent very familiar to me in Notts, in fact here in Lincs the Trent is still running by my side as you will know, cannot get away from it.
dita

Return to Photography