Winter wanderings ...

Photography

Winter wanderings ...

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 pm

... not that I've wandered very far but it was a nicely alliterative title! Just a few snapshots of this winter that's nearly (i hope) over.

First off, a lovely Lincolnshire sunset from my window:

Lincoln cathedral on a drizzly afternoon in January:

Lincoln again. It's called Steep Hill for a reason.....

This is what remains of Newark Castle, the cutain wall and gatehouse. King John is reputed to have died in a room above the gatehouse after he caught a chill trying to take a short cut across the Wash. He also managed to lose most of England's crown jewels at the same time and, although many treasure hunters have dived and dredged for them in the eight centuries since, nobody (so far as we know!) has ever found them....

I don't generally go around taking pictures of public loos but I thought this cute little building in Woodhall Spa could not be ignored!

A few more pictures here if anyone wants to see them .....https://goo.gl/photos/4dfX5RpXFcKQ1xEJ6
Andere Richtingen

Re: Winter wanderings ...

Postby dita » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Lots of pics very familiar to me Andere, it is a lovely area but Steep Hill a very weary trudge for me these days. Thanks for those memories.
dita

Postby marieann » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

I haven't been to Lincoln. What an interesting place. There are no canals anywhere in this area it took me a few seconds to realise what I was looking at, fascinating. Lovely cat.
marieann

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks for the photos, Andere. Those of the laces are exquisite. :sunglasses:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 pm

I enjoyed all your photos Andere.

I remember walking up Steep Hill last year.
caroljoyce

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Lacemaker wrote:Thanks for the photos, Andere. Those of the laces are exquisite. :sunglasses:

I was going to put those up in Another Place for you, LM, but I never got around to it. I forgot my camera that day so I'm really pleased with what my cheap Nokia phone managed to produce in a confined and ill-lit space!

Re Steep Hill - these days, I find going down worse than going up: it really reminds me how old my knee joints are getting . :cry:
Andere Richtingen

Return to Photography