New Home!

Photography

New Home!

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 am

Last year we moved to Masterton, a town in the Wellington region at the south of the north island of New Zealand. We are getting to find our way around now.
Flowers in the garden
Lots of places to dog walk
Russian Jack - a swagman from the 1880's

Henley Lake- where the grandkids can paddle.

Lots of produce in the garden. Pears , apples Plums and these things - Feijoas, if you've ever heard of them! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Re: New Home!

Postby dita » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 pm

You are right about some interesting things being missed, these Pics are really gorgeous Ciderman. I have never heard of the Feijoas pictured, are they as good as they look? although they could be a little sour. Talking about Hydrangeas, those are gigantic compared with mine.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am

I've only just found your pics, Ciderman; for some reason, the forum doesn't seem to flag up new posts these days so you have to go looking for them!
Masterton looks lovely and I'm really, really jealous of your hydrangeas! (I think, due to last year's dry summer, mine aren't going to have any flowers on this year.)
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Mon May 13, 2019 10:01 am

Congratulations on your new home. You look to be well-established there now with a lovely garden - I take it Russian Jack is not your lodger! The hydrangeas are superb.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am

No Vannin, Russian Jack was around before our house was built! :-)
Dita, feijoas are an unusual fruit . My grandkids eat them like apples , skin and all, but I prefer to scoop them out or use a knife to skin them. They make lovely 'Crumble' with apples or pears. they are really a native of Sth America, but they have been around a long time so I think they might have been brought to New Zealand by the early Polynesians 5 or 600 years ago.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby dita » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:21 pm

:grouphug: Sorry Ciderman I had not seen the pics you posted most recent. I did reply to the last ones in May and it was just before my husband died. :grouphug: You put some poetry on too which I read also xx
dita

Return to Photography