Really annoyed by the VERY out-of-date Trivia quiz.

Do it and give your scores here......and good luck!

Really annoyed by the VERY out-of-date Trivia quiz.

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Can't go into exact detail because the question may not have been seen yet by some of you.........since individually we get different quizzes on different days.

The question gives a choice of four tube stations, and asks 'If you have travelled northwards on the Northern Line from Euston Mainline station, which is the first tube station 'you get out at'? Nice little twist there because the very nearest one was closed from 1992 to 1998, however I gave that name because this is, after all, 2006.

No, it was deemed wrong and the correct answer 'should be' the station after that. So they are treating it AS FROM 1992 to 1998 when the first station stayed closed.

I used to travel on there twice a day in the sixties and followed the developements of the Northern Line with interest. The American quiz people are being ridiculous in saying wrongly where 'you get out at'. :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :tantrum2: They are EIGHT YEARS out of date.

This is not the first, but the third time, I have found them years out of date with an answer. Could be many other instances. One of them was about Greg Dyke being BBC boss, another was a political leader. :doghouse:
vannin

Postby Monsy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:49 pm

Dunno Viv! I can answer almost every question on Eggheads, have been a "Millionaire" winner a few times over, and I gave up on that one!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:35 pm

I find that too - it's not what you know - it's how wildly you answer. I once guessed all the questions and got 8 right!! It is american though so you can't really expect anything else - anyway its mostly sport, football in particular.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby e » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:59 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Did you click on the 'report correction' link Viv ? :magnify:

The link is under every (deemed) wrong answer given. Next time, I'd do it if I were you - it's the only way they'll update their answers :huffin:

e[/font]
e

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:34 pm

Ah, so THAT is what it means! Wish I had cottoned-on and put it straight. Thanks E.
vannin

Postby widget » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Oh that is why i get then all wrong :hide:

so I am right :banana: :banana:
widget

Postby Mgzy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:34 pm

I sometimes think we all get different questions on the same day...........
Mgzy

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Yes, we do get different quizzes from each other. :thinking:
vannin

Postby Rowan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:35 pm

I tried to report a wrong answer once and it wouldn't let me but do try it next time.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:16 am

Finally have contact.of a sort!
On my e-mails:
This automatic notification is being sent to inform you that a reply has been posted to your FunTrivia feedback question (number 13098).
and:

(From Sue @ Funtrivia
"I think the problem could be that you are not logged into the main funtrivia site. There is no Funtrivia member linked to your email address".
------------------------------------------
Previous Posts:

Re reporting your errors.....you know it is impossible to do: The words 'You have to be logged in first'......WE ARE already logged in!!!
I have found a number of mistakes in your questions and answers, including this morning 'Alex Douglas Hume' No such person has been PM. There was ALEC, Earl (Douglas) Home. Another time you had an answer Camden Town instead of Mornington Crescent which has been reopened a few years. Your questions are FAR TOO OLD as well as obscure. This is 2006 not 2001. The Greg Dyke one too...he was sacked three years ago.
Vannin
vannin

Postby e » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:07 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Maybe that's the trick then ......... we should all think back to whenever & what was happening, before we answer ...... :rolleye11:

lol......... I can't remember what I did an hour ago...... let alone in 2001 ! :oops: [/font]
e

Postby Rowan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:51 pm

Ocht - me neither - don't worry though - wunder wummin Oddie is trying to get a quiz set up for us here.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Return to TheDaily Quiz