A call to verse

Re: A call to verse

Postby daffyd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:11 pm

EXODUS

Deep is the cup that contains my sorrow
And from it I am required to sip
Daily, until that bright tomorrow
When that draught is dashed from hand and lip.
I grieve for loved ones exposed to danger
In the conflict that surrounds my home
Brought down upon us by hostile stranger
Causing exodus from the land I roam.

Joining weary exiles
I traverse this war torn land
Seeking refuge, seeking shelter
Begging with my out stretched hand
I am but one among a faceless throng
Who's cries doth fill the air
Who seek the sanctuary of the strong
And an end to our despair.

The journeys that we undertake
Are forced upon us by our plight
Such is the exodus we must make
If we are to avoid the sectarian fight
We seek the sanctuary of neighbouring lands
Their hospitality, food and care
A tented village on burning sands
And what compassion they have to spare.

Pause a moment in your daily life
And consider the reported news
Envisage the heartache and the strife
And the upheaveal such exodus ensues
Who gains from actions of this sort
What benefits are achieved?
We the exiles need your support
For we are indeed, agrieved.
My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.
daffyd

Postby daffyd » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:17 pm

To capture the full meaning of this poem one must digest the content of each verse in order to create a mind's eye view of...

The Eternal Wanderer

Consider this yea men of learning as an answer to that mortal yearning.
Of what happens to us when we die, do the age old answers satisfy?
In my musings I have pondered thus, there is more to this than just being us.
One must first understand that one is a soul, so let’s put aside other rigmarole.

Fix these two things deep in your mind, you are a body, with a spirit of the eternal kind.
As the body changes from child to man, the spirit is unchanged in this time span.
The soul is unborn, eternal, undying, it has but one aim and is constantly trying,
to re-enter the abode of the Heavenly Host, to be at peace and at one with the Holy Ghost.

The body, a mere vehicle to carry the soul, be that body a man, a mouse or a mole
Now think on these things for you know that it’s true, the spirit oft attempts what the body can’t do.
Delve deep in your mind and think of your youth, your soul’s still as young, now come, tell me the truth!
Your body has aged and your limbs may feel sore, but the spirit within you wants to do more.

The Spiritual soul has one major quest that is to qualify in order to rest,
thus it moves on from its bodily host, searching, aye searching for what it needs most,
and so as this frail body breaks down and dies, the soul and that spirit to another womb flies.
To develop once more in the natural way, such is the role our soul has to play.

Then that life and that force emerges again, to take temporary abode in the bodies of men.
And so it will be until we understand our destiny’s ruled by His Divine Hand.
We must divest ourselves of materialistic need, only then can that restless Spiritual seed
Cease to travel that eternal road, and rest in peace within His abode.
The first step to heaven is what we must learn, it’s not, what can I get, or how much can I earn.

There’s YOU and the body you wear like a coat, the two things are separate and this you must note.
As the coat wears and it comes time to discard, YOU move into another, comprehension’s not hard.
It’s the acceptance of logic and life’s natural law, it’s learning new concepts never spoken before.
It is treading a new path to reach the same goal, it’s the realisation, that YOU are your SOUL.

The body we inhabit is a temporary shell, it is what we do in it that creates Heaven or Hell.
The stage that we’ve reached now in the body of man, is a stage far removed from when YOU first began.
In each of those separate, yet different lives, your soul went on searching and still yet it strives,
For Spiritual perfection somewhere on that road, so that it may return to His Heavenly abode.
daffyd

Postby daffyd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Now here is one by my favourite author, a fantastic poet, and it was written specifically for you......

THE LIST

I have a list of folks I knoew, all written in a book and every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look. And that is when I realise that these names are a part
not of the book they are written in, but of my heart. For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path some time and in that meeting they have become the rhythm in each rhyme, and when it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim, I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

Now while you may not be aware of any 'special' link just meeting you has changed my life a lot more than you think. For once I've met somebody the years cannot erase, the memory of a pleasant word or a friendly face. So never think my Christmas posts are just a mere routine of names upon a Christmas list forgotten in between. For when I send my Christmas post that is addressed to you, it is because you are on the list of folks I'm indebted to.

For I am but the total of the many folks I've met and you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget. And whether I have known you for many years or few, in some ways you have had a part in shaping things I do. Now every year when Christmas comes, I realise anew the best things life can offer is meeting folks like you. Now may the spirit of Christmas that forever and ever endures, leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours.

Author Unknown.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!
daffyd

Previous

Return to Poetry