I will say this.... only once!

I will say this.... only once!

Postby Daffyd » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:28 pm

"I will say this.... only once."

The walls I’d built around me to insulate my plight were taking on a morbid hue, I was crotchety, uptight. I needed space to stretch my mind, these walls, they must come down, a change of scene, the country side, I must leave this shanty town. I walked up to a coastal bluff and watched the sky and sea embrace, breathing deep of that ozoned air, faint sea spray in my face. I saw the clouds scud overhead, a white Armada in the sky, twisting, swirling, changing shape, these ghost ships passed me by. Save but one I noticed, it’s approach was quite controlled, and as the Sun sank down behind it, it changed to burnished gold.

Transfixed I watched it’s progress across the foam flecked sea, that cloud defied directional winds, it was coming straight at me. It engulfed me and uplifted me and transported me on high, it carried me quite gently, into that, sometimes red, then purple sky. Telepathic thoughts were transmitted to my poor bewildered brain, “Ask not what you do not know, this journey will explain.” The journey took me back in time when the Earth was young and green, and revealed to me such wonders that no other man had seen. The beauty, the magnificence, that Mother Nature had achieved, if seeing is believing, then this sight must be believed.
“This was your inheritance prepared with care for you, left to your own devices, this is what you chose to do.” My journey brought me forward through the annals of our time and there replayed before my eyes was mankind’s heinous crime. Total slaughter and destruction, lay rotting in his wake, the fish the fowl, the forest lands, the sight made my heart ache. The sea and air polluted, baron lands bereft of soil, man had destroyed the environment, there was nothing left to spoil. Nature was unbalanced, storms and tempests scourged the land, man had committed genocide and left nought but rocks and sand.
“This will be the outcome, in three score years and ten, you mark these words, you mark this day” and the Heavens sighed “AMEN” My journey now completed I was returned back to that shore, to publish this, to make amends, so of you I do implore, take heed of this timely vision that was shown to you through me, we don’t own the environment, we are merely it’s trustee. Our slaughter has been wasteful, carried out in greed for gain, we must reform and take this chance, WE WON’T BE TOLD AGAIN!

LDB

Daffyd

Postby dejavou » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:31 pm

Very true Daffyd
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Maywalk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:01 pm

Wonderful Daffyd.

It described this hell on earth in a nut shell.

I hope you are feeling better and getting around more on that broken foot of yours.
Both you and Deja have been in the wars since both of you have a broken foot.
Did you come out in sympathy with each other :?: :D :D :D
Maywalk

Postby Daffyd » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:12 pm

No! I did it first after that it was Dejavou......... :groaner: :)
Daffyd

Postby dejavou » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:15 pm

But I bet you ain't got a broken finger too Daffyd ..... na na na naa nahhh
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Daffyd » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:24 pm

That's true!..... Broke a finger nail or two... sprained a wrist as well as the three metatarsal bones. Now my right foot is encased in an air boot... sort of akin to a giant ski-boot. Gotta keep it on day and night giving rise to large ugly blisters. But enough about me..... who's a**e you bin kicking?
Daffyd

Postby Rowan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:55 am

What are you lot like!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:36 am

Yours was definately more serious than mine Daffyd, I only broke one metatarsal and that's bad enough, the air boot sounds rather horrid though, thankfully I've just got the common stookie, but the itching's driving me mad :evil:

Mine was caused by a common "accident in the home" so I can't even boast that it's a sports injury, unlike the overpaid footballers :( How did you have your mishap?
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monsy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:45 am

A hairdryer on a low setting helps the itch! True!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dejavou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Well ...... Blow me!!!

I'm away to try it Mons
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Daffyd » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:18 pm

ACCIDENT REPORT.
I was proceeding in an orderly manner from the upper floor to the lower floor. The reason for my journey being that the clock had just struck six o' clock, (in my residence such an hour is known, to me, as the HAPPY HOUR) and it was time to open the bar and prepare the pre-dinner drinks.
I had descended about two thirds of the stairs when my normally riveting attention was distracted. (Red wine or White?) Four stairs from my intended destination I suddenly slipped into sky-diving mode (not recommended for those over seventy) ARRRRRGH! I hit the floor, bounced off a wall and through a doorway (luckily it was open) I concluded that if I ever did take up sky-diving I would need more free fall if I ever wanted my parachute to open.
Do you know I never did open any wine that night........ but the fine heiland malt took a fall more serious than mine.
Daffyd

Postby dejavou » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Snap Daffyd (no pun intended) 4 steps for me too .... moral being: BE CAREFUL ON STEPS
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Maywalk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:44 pm

Better still buy a bungalow. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Maywalk

Postby Daffyd » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:33 pm

Now then, where were we..... oh yes, we were talking poetry. Here is one I did earlier........

A LOVING LEGACY

Love lives longest in my mind
Yet ages not like me.
Love can be drawn upon, I find
By recalling thoughts from memory.
With clear visions of the past,
Promises given, that for a lifetime bind,
And for most, a lifetime last.
Where youth eternal springs.
It meanders in ways that twist and wind