The Killing Floor

The Killing Floor

Postby Daffyd » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Just around midnight Shadows creepin' round my door Demon dealers, junkies and squealers Down on the killing floor Some brother on the corner Talkin' about some low down dirty shame And all anybody wants Is their fifteen minutes of fame

But I want more Yeah, it is just outside my door I want more, but I am tied Tied to the killing floor

A man works so hard But gets treated just like a whore Then a jerk off in a high rise Doesn't need him any more His whole world comes crashing down For a better Wall Street bottom line He drowns his dreams in a paper cup And leaves the world behind

But he should've had more Yeah it was just outside his door He needed more, but he was tied Down on the killing floor

I don't care who you know What you think or what you say 'Cause a man who can change his heart Can change the whole world some day So if you're drowning in the basement In the stinging saline of your tears Get free from the killing floor Take a stand and face your fears

'Cause you can have more Yeah, it is just outside your door If you know the score Get free, free from the killing floor
Daffyd

Return to Poetry