Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a lovely sunny day, there was quite a covering of frost early but now there is good heat in the sun which was so nice to feel when I was out with Dolly. You must have had some kind of mental thing going on between you and that young man, he is putting ideas in your head and you are putting them in action Penny, that's a bit scary??.65p for 5 is very cheap Marieann for those do-nuts and the way you described them made my mouth water :) My OH got a cupboard full of those Choc Oranges. Dolly says she will forgive you this time for missing your date but says she hopes you don't make a habit out of it. Just had Fish Pie for lunch and now enjoying a cuppa, hope you are well Penny and take care all xxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi, all. I think spring has sprung! Lovely sunny day and quite warm despite the breeze . :sunglasses: Had a lovely, lazy Saturday : up late, bacon butties and big mugs of coffee then sat around reading in the sunny conservatory for a while before we went off to Sleaford for a wander around an exhibition about 3D printing which turned out to be very engrossing. Time for a stroll by the river, too, admiring the spring flowers and watching the mallard drakes sleeping in the sun. Funny how people seem to smile more when it's sunny!
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 am

Good morning all.
Happy Mothers day to all the mums here.
I had a lovely early mothers day meal with my family last night.

Pub lunch & a gentle walk on the books for this afternoon.

Have a good day all. :)
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Morning g Dita and all. Happy mother's day. Lovely and sunny here and super blue sky. Had some lovely gifts from son and daughter and a first ever Orchid plant. Hope all are well and ready to enjoy spring. Grand Prix highlights at 2 pm ,, channel 4. for anyone interested. Take care and enjoy today. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi Penny and all, a very Happy Mothers Day to you, like everyone else I got spoilt and the sun shines on the righteous they say so I hope you have all got the sunshine :) too. Hope all goes well with your Orchid Penny, I have had several through the year buts only have one now, don't forget to get some feeder for it. So Hamilton didn't win today and I thought he would :( Gotta go for a game now before the sun fades, hope you are having a great day Penny, hugs from Dolly and me, take care all.
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks Dita. Had a lovely day. Pity about Hamilton. Hope I can cope with the Orchid. As I said, first ever. Never been one for indoor plants as it always seems too warm for them. Just keep such as Aloe Vera. And such. Had a fabulous afternoon yesterday with young chappie. He worked hard as I was a bit worn and we ended up with tea and a doughnut. He was over the moon. Give Dolly a big hug from me. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 am

Good morning all.

We have a roof man coming today so I'd better stick around in case I'm needed. He's coming to replace a slate, point the chimney stack & clean the guttering.

Hope it's nice weather so I can potter in the garden.

caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 am

I am a bit late posting about yesterday because I was tired, although London days out used to be taken in my stride but I was right out of practice up till yesterday!

Because the little family's home location means I have to cross London, after reaching mainline station Marylebone, we have a system of meeting for lunch or half a day, quite near Marylebone itself. So they are the ones to cross London, mostly Jubilee Line via Westminster. We know a few reasonable restaurants/ brasseries now but I just had not seen the family since they were here at Christmas.

I felt Charlie should not have to see a grief-stricken Granny, and I wasn't OK till this weekend.We decided to try Bill's in Baker St because I have enjoyed eating at my local 'Bill's' and yesterday's was excellent too Did not want to catch return train before 5 p.m. because it serves Wembley Stadium and an International was to kick off at 5 p.m. Been caught in the past by a train load of fans!

So we filled in time by 'coffee at The Landmark Hotel which has a very splendid area and splendid prices! There was a convention filling the place, evening dress and dazzling jewellery.

From my home station, I got the usual taxi home and had a quiet evening but fell asleep during Vera. (Anyone know whodunnit?) Looking forward now to the family visiting at Easter. Claire posted a lovely photo on FB, but as it is open only to her 'Friends' and folks, I can't see a way to transfer it.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:52 am

Morning Dita and all. Pleased your day ended well vannin. Sorry to say I cannot say who committed the crime in Vera, I never watch it as her voice drives me crackers. have asked OH who ..and he can.t remember. Seems folk are complaining re accent and complications. Hope everyone is OK and enjoying today. Big hugs all round and special for Dolly. Perhaps it will be fine for a game later. Take care all and have a good day. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby marieann » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Good afternoon. It has been a lovely, sunny day again I haven't done much because a cousin called for coffee and a chat which made a lovely change. I can't imagine popping into London for a day, Viv, I'm so pleased you're able to do so. Can you watch Vera on ITV catchup? Funnily enough I hadn't heard of it before but see it is about this area so I'll make a point of watching in future.
marieann

Postby dita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi Penny and all, Had no heating, water and very little electric because they have been to put us a new central-heating boiler in today, Dolly really did cause havoc too and her yap is still echoing despite the fact they have just gone, mind you guess their ears will be ringing for a bit too :) Don't worry about missing the rugby Penny she is now flat out snoring and dreaming about her day. Gonna have a nice cuppa and a piece of cake now, will save you some Penny, Big hugs from the both of us, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Poor you. What a day. Wondered how it was going. Give big hug to Dolly must have driven her crackers. Thanks for the slice. Very yummy. Off to Costco tomorrow to stock up. Birds stuff getting low. Eating me out of house and home. Hope you and OH are bearing up. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Penny it was one of those days, we all get them at least it wasn't raining outside, they are picking up the scaffolding tomorrow and hopefully that is it. We had to get a load of bird food they eat more than us and must get obese the amounts they trough. Take Care xxx
dita

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:19 am

Good morning all.
I'm hoping to go to the pool with Paula & Josh today.
He loves it there - it's a tonic to see him enjoying himself.

caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 am

Wishing you a good day too Carol, and everyone.
I shall be off to my usual Tuesday Movers and Shakers shortly. I am feeling more human now, especially after enjoying the Sunday trip and seeing the family after three long months. Daughter was OK in mood, after I had the usual wobbly anticipations. The (brand) new flat which I may visit soon, has had teething probs, like two days without water and a long wait for BT to connect Broadband, so her last moodiness was not with me! Had it not been for the move, they would have spent part of last half term with me, but they will come before Easter.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes