Rotten year

Except Personal Attacks

Rotten year

Postby Monika » Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 pm

We are almost through the first half of 2017 and, so far, it's not been good for me. In January the air was very cold so I was unable to go out very much due to my COPD.
February and March had me fighting a chest infection which didn't clear up until well into April - then about five or six weeks after that, someone at the Art Group coughed over the two hour session and three days after that I went down with a cough and dreadful sore throat which got no better after a week, when I had to visit the docs again. She gave me steroids (a week ago now) and, today, I've gone back to the surgery and have now got shingles.

I am really, truly, totally fed up with it all. :sad:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Rotten year

Postby mo » Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Oh Monika that is dreadful. I have heard that shingles is so painful and makes one feel depressed. I so hope you will soon be on the mend.
mo

Postby Penny » Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 pm

So sorry Monica, all our hopes go with you for a better future. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 am

Oh Monika I'm so sorry. It makes my own problems seem so trivial.

Get better soon. The only way is up.
caroljoyce

Postby dita » Tue May 23, 2017 10:28 am

Monika take care and know you are not on your own, believe me. Wish I knew the answer because all these wonderful medications do very little to help, heres a hug xxx :bighugs: That ruddy shingles also knows just when to strike as well :grouphug:
dita

Postby Monika » Tue May 23, 2017 11:34 am

Thank you, one and all, for your commiserations and kind words.

The rash started on Sunday morning and, today, it's all weeping blisters and I'm really conscious about keeping it all clean.

The doctor gave me antiviral tablets for the daytime and, at night, some which having read the leaflet I am far too scared to take. I'm hoping that this horrid thing will go away fairly quickly, fingers crossed. :grouphug:
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Get well soon :bighugs: . I know shingles can be very variable but, when my OH had it, it was very fast moving and he was over it in, IIRC, about 3 weeks with no long term effects. I hope it's similar for you.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monika » Wed May 24, 2017 11:40 am

:thankyou: Andere (even three weeks seems too much in this present hell on earth)
Monika

Postby dita » Wed May 24, 2017 11:46 am

I completely sympathise Monika, I am sure I mentioned it before because it nearly crippled the sight in my eye when I had it some years ago. It was longer than 3wks too. A Big Big Hug from me.
dita

Postby Monika » Wed May 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Thank you for your comments, dita. I had heard of Shingles before but I had no idea of its pernicious nature. It looks like you need to cross your fingers and toes in hope that you don't come out of it too badly finally.

If anyone who knows of it has any advice about coping with it, please let me know.
Monika

Return to Anything Goes