How Dare They

Except Personal Attacks

How Dare They

Postby lavonne » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:32 pm

How dare the Conservative party give 1.+billon pounds to Northern Ireland,so they can get their plans through and stay in power.This is very unfair to the rest of G.B. We need much more money spent in Britain, , and its unfair to Scotland and Wales
lavonne

Re: How Dare They

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:38 pm

They dare because we gave them the power to do so.

It's called democracy, though I call it bribery!
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 pm

laurie53 wrote:They dare because we gave them the power to do so.

... And will keep on giving them that power until the current electoral system is changed.
I'm thinking of moving to NI because, in very short order, there won't be a single pothole left in the roads there and there'll be no waiting for any kind of health treatment ...will there??! Of course, it'll mean living under the aegis of the political wing of the UVF but that's OK. After all, if Theresa May can get into bed with them, they must be nice people . :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:30 pm

"Unfair" to Ireland too. There goes the Good Friday Peace Agreement. British Government had pledged neutrality to the North and South. However much we hate Gerry Adams, he has warned about this and his words have the ring of doom. John Major too, all his (leadership) work for nothing. I am expecting to cancel my plans for 2018 few days home in Ireland, not wanting to find the country sliding violently back to square one while the six counties enjoy the 1.5 billion.

Andere, best to avoid N.I. too.
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 pm

If my post was too convoluted, today's TV news is delivering 'wot I said' in plainer terms - but not one iota less alarming.
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:09 pm

I think the political parties involved are about to miss the 4 p.m. deadline.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:41 pm

They have. So all the balls are up in the air.....
Andere Richtingen

Postby lavonne » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:23 pm

What did I miss? Been out most of day,havent caught up with news
lavonne

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 pm

The DUP & Sinn Fein haven't reached an agreement about forming a coalition government. The deadline (already extended) was supposed to be 4pm today, after which NI either will be governed directly from Westminster - and we can all visualise where that would lead - or they'll have another general election. One can't imagine Theresa May being too happy about another election and the thought of some of her bought supporters maybe losing their seats.
However, James Brokenshire, NI secretary, has now said the deadline is extended until Monday. What a surprise!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 pm

I thought Lord Peter Hain (a former Secretary of State for NI) spoke very well in an interview today. I remember when he was in the Young Liberals, with a mop of curly hair, setting off on the Aldermaston marches.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 am

vannin wrote:......I remember when he was in the Young Liberals, with a mop of curly hair, setting off on the Aldermaston marches.

Me, too. I remember a couple of virulent arguments with my mother because she said I was too young to join the Aldermaston marchers and threatened to lock me in my room when I said i'd go anyway ... I was 14 and thought Peter Hain was an heroic figure. But I still regret that I never went on an Aldermaston march.

I heard Eamonn Malley opining on the radio this morning that, with the advent of the marching season, if no power sharing deal is made tomorrow, James Brokenshire will postpone making any decision about what happens next until after the summer recess. Cowardice or pragmatism? If that's what happens, a !little of both, I think.
Andere Richtingen

Return to Anything Goes