Not quite the cats whiskers.

Except Personal Attacks

Not quite the cats whiskers.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 pm

I have been looking forward to going to see my 95 year old friend Pearl today and my son and d-i-l called to take me. Pearl is a VERY talented person wth her craftwork and her drawings and I was looking forward to see what she had made.

I cant get about now unless I have a wheeler for very short distances and I had to walk up the drive to get to her front door. Henry her 13 year old cat kept walking between my legs wanting to be noticed and fussed.
My son helped me in and took my coat off so that I could sit down on the sofa. I fussed Henry and he rolled over to have his belly tickled.
My son and d-i-l were going shopping and said they would call back for me in about two hours time. I had taken some books with me to pass on to Pearl and she insisted on going and making a cup of tea.
I put my hand into the bag to get the books out and I dont know if Henry the cat had suddenly taken a dislike to me or if he thought I was playing but he sprang for my arm and dug his claws in so deeply plus making 2 inch wounds in three places. I started to bleed profusely and I called Pearl to put my hanky round the wounds.
She poor soul was absolutely panic stricken and at the same time I realised that it was more than scratches because the wounds were gaping open. I phoned my son asking him to come and get me to take me to A@E because there had been a mishap. He had only just got a couple of miles away when all this happened and he knows I would not call him unless there was an emergency.
Meanwhile Pearl... bless her... was SO upset and I was only glad that her grandson was there putting on new doors for her so that he could stop wth her.

I was in the A@E for well over an hour before being assessed and soon got to see a doctor once they had seen the cuts. I was still trying to stem the blood with my hanky plus tissues that my d-i-l had. It had dripped all over my trousers. I felt guilty because other people had been waiting longer than myself. When I went in to be assessed the nurse put a big dressing on it until I got to see the doctor.
I had to laugh at the doctor because he said to me was I sure it was a cat and not a tiger. Good job I had already had a tetanus injection a few months ago.

Finished up with extra strong antibiotics and orders that if it starts swelling or the pain gets too much to get back as soon as possible to the A@E. I said that would be awkward because my son lives in the next town but what I would do is call 111 or press my lifeline pendant. So much for my couple of hours out away from the flipping house and it would have to be my good arm. I am now bandaged up from hand to elbow. Gawd knows how I am going to wash my nantoosh. ;D
Nowt so queer as real life happenings.

This is Henry the cat below that Pearl sketched when she was 90. I hope the picture comes through. When I took the photo of the sketch I put the wrong name under it. Roger was Pearls other cat that died a couple of years ago.
Attachments
Pearls Cat Roger.jpg
Pearls Cat Roger.jpg (83.81 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
Maywalk

Re: Not quite the cats whiskers.

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 am

Ouch I bet that hurt from the spiteful cat.Maywalk.Good job your son was nearby to take you to A/E.
You won't be visting your friend again in a hurry unless she shuts the moggy out.Hope you heal soon. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:08 am

Thanks Maggie. I am having to wear a long rubber glove to cover the bandage up when doing my ablutions or washing up and its the first time in my 88 years on this earth I have had to wash my nantoosh with rubber goods. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:20 am

Poohdog

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Hope you are feeling better Maisie and not so painful. Some teeth puss must have. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:32 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Trust you Pooh. Just had a bell laugh from that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks Penny.
The ruddy antibiotics are upsetting tummy but I was told they could do that.
Never a dull moment.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Keepp wondering why the pussy bounced, were you wearing fur or such. I thought he might have thought with your hand in the bag that the movement was a mouse or similar. Poor puss, they are not normally people biters.

Love your cartoon Pooh, how are you these days, keeping your pecker up I hope. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Poor Maisie! I hope that heals soon and isn't giving you too much pain. Our feline friends can be very unpredictable, however much we love them and I'd guess Penny is probably correct. Henry viewed your hand in the bag as either something to play with or something which he needed to attack and kill before it harmed him and his household. Or maybe there was some incident in his past which caused him to react that way to a hand in a bag .... Poor Pearl probably.feels dreadful, too, that her puss should injure a dear friend. I hope you've been able to reassure her that the incident isn't going to spoil your friendship?

Anyway, get well soon :bighugs:

PD - love your contribution. You really are very talented.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks Andere. Just had another antibiotic and hoping it helps with the ruddy pain from cuts.
Yes the cat could have reacted as you say and poor Pearl has really got herself into a lather but I have been on the phone to her and tried to reassure her that it was just one of those odd things that happen.
Thanks everyone.
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Fancy a trip to Alligator world Maisie?...I'll pay the tickets...but with your luck I'll watch from outside if you don't mind.

Poohdog

Postby Maywalk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:54 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I needed that belly laugh Pooh. I have sat here rolling up with laughter and its done me more good than all the ruddy meds.

Take care and I wont force you to come into Alligator world. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:34 am

Why does it happen to you eh maisie?

I'm so sorry - hope you get the dressing off soon.
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 am

I have always attracted trouble Carole and if I met Poohs Alligator we would get on like a ruddy house on fire. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Even had trouble this morning that brought my son flying over here at 8am.
My lifeline went off and cut my three main phones off apart from a deafening high pitched whistle. Its a good job I also had my mobile because I phoned my son and he came over straight away to get it sorted out.
I must have caught the switch in the toilet with the wheel on my trolley because I cant get about now without it. Trouble is the Lifeline was triggered and must have got jammed along the line because as I said all my phones just seized up.
My son contacted the Lifeline and they had to close the line down completely and switch it back on again before my ruddy phones came back on.
Sounds complicated and was to me but my son son had it sorted.
God knows how an eldery person goes on who has no one to help them. :evil:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes