Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:12 am

Goodmorning everyone,

Well very windy and cold here today,wont be going anywhere as have the pleasure of looking after my granddaughter (Seren) who is 8.
We will be at the table making xmas cards with glitter etc arty crafty day.
I am also waiting on a parcel from amazon its a Fire stick for the tv so we can watch more tv proggrames.
Roll on 6.30 for strictly come dancing,i really hope stacey and kevin win.
Well have a jolly day and enjoy.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Morning all, I too hope Kevin wins. Fingers crossed, Very cloudy and cold here. Enjoy your time with Seren, lucky you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Twin, I predict that you'll still be Hoovering up glitter next September! That stuff gets everywhere, even into places you've never used it - memories of Daughter's arty-crafty youthful moments surfacing here ....

It's a foul, grey, cold and windy day, although we've not yet had the threatened snow/rain/hail/frozen rain. I'm taking no chances and staying at home anyway. Woke up this morning to find LK had been sicking up furballs on the hall carpet. Yuck! We don't generally have this problem but the recipe of the preventative malt paste seems to have changed and she doesn't like taking it any more. I'd just cleaned that up when the post arrived with the renewal notice for her health insurance; the premium is increased by over 50% and OH keeps glaring at her and muttering is she worth it....? I think he's joking but I reminded him that he's 75 next birthday which will bump up his travel insurance premium and I might question if he's worth it!!

Not much else to report; it's definitely a day for staying in with the heating on so I'm going to enjoy another cup of coffee and do the ironing . Stay warm, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Am I the only one who has been brave out in that awful weather.It was bitter cold when I got my bus at 10am this morning to go and see Logan.But the weather had certainly changed by the time I went to get my bus at 3pm.Strong winds,pouring down with rain and still bitter cold.My coat got soaked through.

I maybe having Logan tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours while daughter in law goes to visit a friend who has just been told she has lung cancer.My friend down the road told me about a lady I knew off,died suddenly last week.

Will be nice to watch Strictly tonight all nice and warm and fed.Forget everything else for a hour or so.
Stay in the warm if you need anything out send the strong men out for it. :mrgreen: Have a lovely evening .
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Didn't get out at all, not for want of trying but OH kept dozing off and in the end I gave up. Have a good time tomorrow. Sorry about your news. Looking forward to Strictly tonight. Probably have visit from grandchildren, both due home this weekend. Take care and keep warm and dry. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Twin, I predict that you'll still be Hoovering up glitter next September! That stuff gets everywhere, even into places you've never used it - memories of Daughter's arty-crafty youthful moments surfacing here ....

It's a foul, grey, cold and windy day, although we've not yet had the threatened snow/rain/hail/frozen rain. I'm taking no chances and staying at home anyway. Woke up this morning to find LK had been sicking up furballs on the hall carpet. Yuck! We don't generally have this problem but the recipe of the preventative malt paste seems to have changed and she doesn't like taking it any more. I'd just cleaned that up when the post arrived with the renewal notice for her health insurance; the premium is increased by over 50% and OH keeps glaring at her and muttering is she worth it....? I think he's joking but I reminded him that he's 75 next birthday which will bump up his travel insurance premium and I might question if he's worth it!!

Not much else to report; it's definitely a day for staying in with the heating on so I'm going to enjoy another cup of coffee and do the ironing . Stay warm, all.

I was quite concerned on a few Christmas Days' unwrapping, when glitter fell off, even when I put newspaper down to catch it (SO untwinkly dear!) Then vacced, and found it doesn't come up! I wondered if little paws would be licked after walking on it, the usual fretting. But Trixie survives Christmas each time.

The malt remedy - you recommended it last year, saying LK loved it. Then Trixie hated it and was deeply insulted by having her paws interfered with. Perhaps the recipe had changed just prior to that (August-ish) Sorry to hear about your carpet. I have been noticing here and there, slight discolourations where I cleaned/scrubbed after furball accidents. People say they don't notice but I DO. I can't bear the thought of upheaval in this 22-ft long room, for either new carpet or shampooing this one. Not able to heave furniture now. It was shampooed about five or six years ago and Trixie reacted allergically to the fumes. The guy refunded me but said the chemicals are guaranteed pet-safe, he was quite upset. I got Chem-Dry round to sort-of unshampoo it - meaning the finisher stain-repellant which I think was the culprit, is missing and only a permanent protective sheeting would 'repel'. But you gotta LIVE!

As for pet insurance - I originally had the Sainsbury policy which doubled its premiums in two years. I changed to Tesco which was much cheaper and keep a wary eye on annual rises.
Carol Service tomorrow. Standing is painful as I have a right foot with Achilles Tendinitis and Plantar plus a left knee with tendinitis from walking badly to compensate. :tantrum2:
Keep warm and DRY!
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Maggie and Twin, Please send my best Christmas Wishes to Mrs Root. I meant to say before. Enjoy Sunday both of you and Penny, Dita, Andere. All of you!

It was a lovely outing last Sunday with the family, not pouring like the Saturday a month ago. Superb meal at The Ivy cafe, Marylebone Lane.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Hooray, Gavin and Stacy won public vote. I am so pleased. Well done. All were winners of course. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Yes so pleased as i voted 5 times for them,brought tears to my eyes
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:54 am

Good morning.It is lovely here,the sun is out nice and bright after the rotten day yesterday.

Off to the shop soon,I have a little vistor at 2.30 who does like ice lollies.Im charging the batteries up ready for the xbox afternoon too. :roflmao: Think I best get some games downloaded ready too.

Hopefully you will get taken out this afternoon for a hour or so,Penny.If not,don't make him a drink. :mrgreen:
Glad you had a nice meal out last Sunday Vannin with your family.

So happy that Stacy and Kevin won the glitter ball.Made my night. :mrgreen:

Have a nice warm day everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Morning all. same here Maggieh but icy cold. Have a good afternoon with the little one, wish I could join you. OH has just suggested a run this P.M. we will wait and see....... I too cheered last night when Gavin and Stacy won. If they make a new strictly next year I am going to write and suggest they cut out all the background noise of cheers and clapping. I have yet to hear a word that anyone said or any words from a singer. Anyway, well done Gavin and Stacy. Hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Not long now, how time flies. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:17 pm

A much better day today after yesterday's cold, wind and rain - mostly bright and not especially cold. Enjoyed my morning walk for croissants! There's a liver & bacon casserole simmering gently in the slow cooker and I'm doing nothing else that I don't have to do today.

Vannin, I found another malt paste that LK would eagerly slurp off my fingers : Trixie malt paste. I bought it online (see https://www.zooplus.co.uk/feedback/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/cat_malt/paste/13188 ) and stupidly forgot to order anymore so the cupboard was bare! Local pet shops don't stock it so, unless you need a lot of other stuff at the same time, there's no escaping the delivery charges. Of course, it may be that pet shops in your area do stock it. Worth a try.

Meanwhile, to demonstrate the perversity of cats, LK happily gobbled up a couple of cm of the despised Johnson's paste yesterday evening. :doh: The carpet is recovering following my ministrations with the spot-cleaner. It'll get a good steam-cleaning after we redecorate in the spring. I've always worried about my cats and chemical cleaners although, fortunately, there's never been any issues. The pet insurance is with MoreThan and they were quite upfront about the hike being because we'd made two claims this year and because she's nearly 15 - an old lady in cat terms. I'm only glad we moved house because the premium went down by nearly a half when we came here. With this new increase, if we were still in Greater London, it'd probably be in 4 figures by now. Ouch!

I hope your Carol concert doesn't cause too much disocmfort. I'm currently resisting going to the doc with the pain in my right knee. I suspect I've damaged a ligament whiel dancing in the kitchen but the discomfort comes and goes ....
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Andere, I might give it a try if the need arises. Happily, this year there was only one indoor tiny regurge on the kitchen floor which was not a problem. I have 'met' the Trixie brand as I got a Trixie Catnip spray through Amazon, can't remember the seller name but don't think it was Zooplus. This was when she was fed-up, but would be used only once in a while. What brand of spot cleaner do you use?

The Carol Service brought a little discomfort but I took a walking stick to lean on heavily while standing holding hymnbooks and we sang well if I say it myself.

I visualise you dancing in the kitchen! Why?! Was your OH asking 'Dance for me' or is it a ritual for (sorry I am ignorant of the Winter names apart from the Solstices?) Is there a solstice feast of Mithras on 25th? I hope your knee responds to home treatments.

Have a good week everyone.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Morning all, beautiful sunny start. Lovely blue sky. Hope everyone is keeping up and about. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Good evening everyone.I have had a busy sort of day.Went down the town with Janet and got a few bits and bobs.Brought cards and written them out this afternoon and been out to post them.Lucky for me there is a postbox along my road.

Taken all my recycling downstairs and binned it.

Had a lovely afternoon with Logan yesterday he was full of chat.I like watching his face when he is chatting,different expressions.He is coming over again on Friday morning.

Did you go out on Sunday afternoon,Penny?

It has been quite a nice warm day today for a change.

Have a nice evening back tomorrow.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes