Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 am

Good morning.Not a bad day here weather wise,sun is out.I expect its chilly though.I am going out there soon.Will walk to Janet's for a hour or two.Then catch the bus back to the co op.

Did anyone watch the show with John Barrowman in it yesterday?I gave it 30 mins then turned off.Heard so much about it in the week and thought that will be good. :roll:

Will pop back later. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi maggieh, weather sunny at present but getting cloudy. Strange, we watched the show at the Palladium and enjoyed it very much. A change from the rubbish that has been on TV lately. Don't overdo your walk now, take care/
. Have a good day all. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Good morning. Nice to see Dita dropping by but how sad that poor Dolly is depressed. I always imagine her as a jolly and cheerful little dog - but I guess pets are allowed to have their off-days, too.

There's still quite a lot of electrical odd jobs to do so our Sparks will be returning in two or three weeks to do some more. I'm pleased with what he achieved yesterday, anyway and I now have a working extractor fan in my bathroom so I no longer have to do my ablutions with the window open when it's freezing coldSAM_78, plus some more power sockets in the bedrooms and the big rotary fan at last installed in the stirring room ceiling (which probably means we've put a curse on all chance of a warm summer!).

I noticed at the weekend how much new growth there suddenly is on the hydrangeas so I've just been outside and dead headed the ones at the front so the new growth has space to spread out. I was going to do the ones at the back, too but it now looks and feels like rain so I think they'll wait until tomorrow. Spring is definitely sprung in this part of the world :sunglasses:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Well, hello again. Where is everybody?? I'm talking to myself here!
Currently, I'm sitting with my feet up not doing much. The bath towels are in the dryer; the hydrangeas are immaculately pruned and dead headed; our cleaner has spruced up the house and OH has just left for the fracture clinic. I have nothing important to do for the next hour or two so I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet. It's tempting to go to sleep but I hate sleeping in the daytime as it means I wake up grouchy and miserable and then don't sleep at night.

Enjoy your day, folks,whatever you're doing. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello everyone, took Dolly to visit the vet today because she has not been her usual cheery-----pain in the ??? self-----. She is after all 11yrs old and until now has never indicated any signs of aging so maybe it had crept up on us without noticing, while there I asked him to examine her Anal glands because I'd seen her bum sliding a few times, they were a little swollen so he cleared them and said they could have been causing discomfort. Anyway we shall have to see now. OH's illness can also make a difference, he gets tetchy sometimes. Hope you are all ok, Dolly and me sends lots of hugs xxx :grouphug:
Hi Andere :sunglasses: who says you are on your own :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Afternoon all, just been for lunch with OH and son. Had some gorgeous battered garlic mushrooms with salad. Will definitely have the same next time. Weather has stayed dry so far but very cloudy and dismal. Do hope Dolly is feeling, brighter now, give her a big hug.Soon be Easter, doesn't time fly. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Good afternoon.Can I join in in this gathering.I have had a lazy afternoon playing a game on my tablet.Its called Wordscape spelling.I have got stuck on a word at the mo so having a break for now.

Been a nice day weather wise today nice and bright.

Poor little Dolly going to the vets,hope she had a nice fuss after.Im sure she did.
Andere has a nice tidy garden to sit in when its warmer.

Penny is full up with her lunch,no scampi today Penny.

I went to the shop today for some goodies, cake and chocolate macaroons. :roflmao: Off to drawing group again tomorrow that soon rolls round.Then Thursday. :evil:

Next doors are running their 5 bath since 1pm.They will be doing that now till 11 or midnight. :sad:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi maggiegh, got me interested now, which game is it. I play solitaire but would like to try something different. Enjoy your drawing tomorrow. Lucky you with the goodies, Np scampi today. Decided to try the same as son had last week. Very pleased I did, simply lovely. Take care now and watch your weight with all those goodies cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Penny the game is called Wordscapes. Go to Play Store on your tablet or laptop.Search for the game and click on install.Thats it,it will install on what ever your using.

It is a good spelling game keeps the brain ticking over.Good luck if you get the game.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Got through, not sure if it's me. Says to sign in to play. Will have another think. Just been for Blood Test. Said to nurse, cannot understand why I have to have another after just two weeks. She checked records and said, sample was sent to hospital and vanished. I did wonder. OH out for lunch with old boys and am now awaiting Sainsbury's delivery. Son taking me to Cosco tomorrow. Hope everyone is on the up and Dolly feeling brighter. Big Hug Dolly and same for little ones. Enjoy your class today maggiegh, lucky you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Penny you don't need to sign in to play the game.That's only for people if they are playing through Facebook.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi, all. A touch chill and very grey here today - what a contrast to yesterday when it was wall to wall sunshine and windows open all day .

OH went to the fracture clinic on Tuesday pm and came home without his plaster cast! The consultant decided it was such a fine fracture that it will heal just as well if he wears one of those wrist support thingies with the plastic "bones" to support it for as long as required. He can take it off to shower or wash, even to sleep if it's uncomfortable. He should be ok to drive as the car is automatic so we don't have to cancel next month's holiday. He's going to try moving the car later today, just to check all is well. The clinic has discharged him so no need to go back there unless there's a problem.

I had that Wordscape game for a while and quite enjoyed it but was driven barmy by the constant ads so I de-installed it. Penny & Maggieh, if you enjoy word games, have you tried Classic Words? It's basically old fashioned Scrabble, you against the computer, you can set the difficulty level you prefer and all sorts of other twiddly bits. Not too many adverts with the free version and available from Play Store. I'm an addict!

PS. That thing with the disappearing blood samples is infuriating! It's happened to me in the past and you start wondering if the people who collect and deliver the samples are secret vampires .....(be afraid; be very afraid...)
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Andere, that is good news about your OH's arm being less serious than expected.
Dita, I hope Dolly is more like her cheery self again, it is a worry when a pet can't tell you.
Penny and Maggie, I am a bit late coming in on the John Barrowman programme, but I saw most of it and surprised myself by enjoying it more than expected. I quite like John himself. Alan Titchmarsh sang brilliantly and had the judges award him the same top score as the man who was the winner, who won because the public voted more for him than for Alan singing 'Some enchanted Evening'. (Better than the star of the movie South Pacific all those years ago.)
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi all, just back from Costco with son. A very busy place today. Will have a look at the word games again. Can never find what I want. ( Useless pratt;} I used to love scrabble,. granddaughter's flights to and from Sidney have been booked She will be 21 when over there so OH and I have decided to give her (in her dads hands) a lump sum ready to start again when she comes home. Hope your granddaughter is enjoying herself maggeih. Take care all and enjoy spring. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Good afternoon.I have downloaded Classis Words now Andere,I will give that a go later.I do get fed up with adverts on these games.
Good to hear your hubby isnt wearing a heavy cast now,can he put his gloves on to help with the washing up. :roflmao:

I had my shingle jab today and ouch it did hurt. :sad: Glad its a one off.

My company for the afternoon is fast asleep on the settee,then wonders why he is only here fortnightly.No company for me. :roll:

These days Id rather be here on my own without waiting on a chap I ve got a lot to amuse me.

Right lets have a game of words.Take care everyone. :mrgreen:

How long is your ganddaughter going to Sidney for Penny?These youngsters are certainly seeing the world before they settle down.My granddaughter is going to Budeapest next month for the weekend.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes