Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Morning all, rather a dull outlook today but seems rain has moved on Promised to be here again in another week. I hope everyone has been safe and sound with these floods, simply dreadful. Apart from lunch and visit to Dr. have not moved at all this week. Getting bored with myself and TV. Every time OH puts the TV on up comes politics and rubbish.everybody saying what they will do. None of them ever keep a promise
, OH will watch all the time but I turn off my hearing aid and do crosswords, much more satisfying. Have a good day folk and a good weekend, take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Good afternoon everyone.I am back from my short visit to Logan today.I caught the bus at 9.30 and got back indoors at 1.45. :roll: Whizz kid. :roflmao:

While I was out postman came with a parcel for me,have to go and pick it up on Monday from the sorting office.Just what I wanted to do,not.

Tom Jones is singing to me,he popped in for a hot chocolate to warm him up. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Have got Strictly to watch tonight from Blackpool looking forward to that.Have a nice evening all.Keep warm.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi Maggieh, hot choc and Tom------best thing for warming up. I'm looking forward to Strictly tonight too, what a beautiful ballroom that Blackpool is to do the light fantastic in---lucky blighters. Have a good weekend xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Good evening all,
A bit late as i have had my grandaughter round today,while my son went xmas shopping,so we played with dollies and dressing and undressing them,grandad made a clothes airer,and a dolls cot plus an ironing board all the mod cons,then she asked him to make a hoover :roflmao:
Looking forward to Strictly in a while too,i watch it on my laptop with head set on.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Hope you had a good day with granddaughter. they grow up too quickly. Strictly was super this week. I can just imagine a hoover, A large straw sucked up by granddad,
Take care and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Good afternoon,nice and sunny here but chilly.Nothing exciting has happened here today.

Someone in this block of flats is playing with a hammer this afternoon,that is annoying.Can't be laying carpet as the floors are concrete so no need to bank nails in.I will treat them to Tom Jones if they don't stop soon. :roflmao: :roflmao:

My lamb chops nearly had ginger tipped over them,I thought it said garlic salt.ha ha.

I really enjoyed Strictly last night,its better when there is not so many of them.Couldn't believe that was the first time that Anton had ever got a 10 last night.

Soon be my treat time of a hot chocolate.Have a nice afternoon doing whatever you are up to everyone.Keep warm. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Lucky you, hot chocolate indeed. Just had photo from granddaughter swimming in the sea with gentle waves and lovely weather. I told her if she is not coming home for Xmas I will join her there (I wish) she said Oh, yes please do grandma'. I miss her so, never get any giggles these days. Funny we had lamb chops also today. We enjoyed the Strictly stuff too, Delighted for Anton, would love to dance with him. Have a good afternoon and evening everyone and do keep warm. cheers Penny

Note. keep meaning to ask you did I mention at age of two, ma and pa took me to Blackpool and that I went on the dance floor to dance. Seems some lady doctor asked my mother if she would consider letting her adopt me. Wonder what would have happened if she had said yes. Penny :dunno:
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:38 am

Morning all, beautiful blue sky and lovely sunshine. Fingers crossed it stays this way. Do hope all are keeping well and warm. Nice day for doggie football Dita. Take care all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Morning all, started off white over after a heavy frost but now cleared away and rather dull. Just a warning. A big spam has started again saying that your Bank Account had a large amount taken this week, etc etc. We have had three of these today each time you can check the number and it says This number not recognisable. We have double checked with the Main Bank and told not to give any details to anyone. Beware. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

I just had a nice surprise when one of the Boots assistants rang to say I have won a raffle prize! It is my favourite pharmacy where I have my monthly repeat prescription arrangement, the pharmacist and other staff are lovely. These tickets were on sale for Children in Need. I will collect tomorrow, it may be a little hand lotion or smaller but it matters not what the prize is,but the fact the phone rang with good news!
With the very cold nights and today's heavy frost, Trixie has realised her lovely cozy igloo bed is best after all. She had it for Christmas 2017 and used it only a few weeks, then again for a short time last year and I have been leaving it prominently placed lately till she decided to sleep in it and is there now. It has enticed her from curling up on my fleecy dressing gown when I badly needed it myself!
Last edited by vannin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 pm

:bighugs: I have my medication delivered, my late Hubby did too. My medication now arrives by post with no problems up to now. Congratulations on your raffle prize win Vannin. :bighugs: for little Trixie xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Good evening everyone.Nice and warm now the heating is on,curtains are closed.Tv is on also. for background voices.

Have got my bag sorted ready for drawing at group tomorrow.Saves rushing about in the morning.
Have'nt been far today.Did go to the local shop.

Bet your glad your Mum didn't say yes to the lady doctor Penny. :roflmao: It is nice that your granddaughter is sending you pictures of her time in Sydney.She won't want to come home.It will be a quiet Xmas for you without her around.

Have a nice evening and see you all soon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm

hope your drawing day goes well maggieh. Have a good time, looking forward to your exhibition. Quite right about photos from granddaughter, have such a lot now. Went to Lidl today and got my Xmas puddings. Andere, when we discussed them last year you mentioned some cake or other that you liked, well, they have it in now. Everything was jusyt going so quickly thought I would let you know so you can get there in time. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 pm

dita wrote::bighugs: I have my medication delivered, my late Hubby did too. My medication now arrives by post with no problems up to now. Congratulations on your raffle prize win Vannin. :bighugs: for little Trixie xx

I would love to have the medication delivered but this branch does not deliver. Maybe one of the other chemists in town has the facility. I collected my raffle prize today . Far from being a handcream, it was a gift bag with assortment: Two pairs of Primark cosy bedsocks, a jar of Sanctuary Spa Body Butter, an orange nail varnish (would anyone like it?) and a lipstick not too red so I'll try it. I was well chuffed.

Trixie hugs you back and thinks you can share it with Dolly! She has been fed up with feeling cold after being soaked a few times.
Last edited by vannin on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi everyone. A miracle has occurred! It hasn't rained for 3 days!! I've been busy trying to keep on top of leaf clearance. I swear, if I had first seen this house in November, we wouldn't have bought it. We don't have any trees; the leaves are all from an oak tree two gardens away and they're endless and making a right mess of my lovely new paving, all brown and squelchy.

Thanks for the heads up, Penny. I've been to Lidl a couple of times recently and got myself a few goodies although I'm trying not to have too many as I'm attempting to keep my calorie and refined sugar intake down to sensible levels. I admit to being a huge fan of the Favorina Florentines. My only excuse is that all those almonds must be healthy!

Your goodie bag sounds like a nice tonic on a November day, Viv. (Thanks but I'll pass on the orange varnish). You did better than me - the last time I won a raffle, the prize was a book I'd already got!
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes