Why I'm Outa Here...

Except Personal Attacks

Why I'm Outa Here...

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Some time ago, I posted that, for a while, I would not be taking much part in these threads. Since my husband's death in January last year, closely followed by so many cruel and nearly unbearable restrictions on our lives, I have been dealing with grief, depression, loneliness and sheer rage alongside the practicalities of finances, insurance, and trying to obtain a grant of probate while the world is shut down (still no clue as to when that might happen).

In short, I have been pretty bliddy miserable and in no frame of mind for general internet chitchat about the "nothing much" which all our lives have become. I didn't and don't want to inflict my woes on others - after all, we each have problems and difficulties of our own - so I decided to drop out of this and other forums for a while.

Recently, I've felt a little more human and begun to dip my toe in the internet water again with a few forays into Penny's quizzes and a reply to the "Your Thoughts" post last week. Presumably, there isn't too much thought going on as only one other person replied!

Catching up with today's posts, I find that anyone mentioning the weather or the time of day is now required to do so in a specific area or risk a rebuke from the forum prefect. As I have absolutely no interest in whether it's raining in Romford or muggy in Manchester, I shan't be bothering with that one and, as I have a serious dislike of being told where to post what, I just won't be bothering at all in the future.

So - fare well, my lovelies. Thanks to so many of you for past kindness and support but it's time for me to go.
Andere Richtingen

Re: Why I'm Outa Here...

Postby widget » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:52 pm

Oh dear, will miss you in the quiz's, am going to try and send you a PM,
widget

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:00 pm

I do hope you will re-think. Will miss you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:28 pm

Sorry to see you go Andere, even though I am rarely here, it's a forum that lacks the vitriol of most others.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:33 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:Sorry to see you go Andere, even though I am rarely here, it's a forum that lacks the vitriol of most others.

Exactly! It is without vitriol and yet the way it was going lately with less than a handful of us trying to keep it going, seeds of irritation were apparent because it became such a mishmash of non-topics jumbled up. I tried to sort it by making sections as forums used to do but seem to have made matters worse.

So I am outta here too.
Last edited by vannin on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 am

The loss of a friend is always sad, but farewell.

I rarely post, except sometimes for the quiz, but I still check in twice a day, every day.
laurie53

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:55 pm

I can understand how you feel, Andere, because I have been feeling the same way. I tried to keep up with posting comments but failed because my social life has become increasingly active over the last few years and I don’t seem to have the time (or patience) I used to have for keeping up with the forums... even my crafts have faded into the background now. I do check in every so often but nowhere near as frequently as I used to do. Another forum I belong to is having the same problems as here.

My best wishes to you and I hope you can pull yourself out of the depression and despair that you are feeling and that you have some good friends who will support you through these difficult times - I know that my friends have helped me enormously.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:02 pm

Dear Andrere I felt quite pleased when I saw you had posted----------you and I had both had tragic happenings, but we were coping and had plans because we live not too far away from each other. Anyway everyone has their own rightful reasons why they do what they do-------so be it.

Looks like Lockdown is spreading ????

Hi Lacey, Sad what its all come down to because I still remember our day in Gainsborough, :grouphug: It wasn't long after that Kevin who was with us----died. xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Return to Anything Goes