The good morning and weather thread

Except Personal Attacks

Re: The good morning and weather thread

Postby dita » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm shivering since yesterday when the heatwave had changed from summer to winter quite suddenly, have dragged my winter draws out again. Bah! Humbug ! Have a great Easter everyone xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:23 pm

I feel that change too Dita, nippy round the ankles and shoulders. I am quite glad not to be in my usual Good Friday place. That church, even with heating on, is draughty esp. as we stand singing in front of big old windows.
This is the second Easter after 38 years that there has been no choir. Normally we always covered Maundy Thursday evening, Friday afternoon, Saturday night vigil followed by midnight mass, and again mass on Sun plus a few hours of practising during that week.
Sundays the church has been open but with 50 seats (distanced) where 300 should be, and those seats are bookable in advance. No thanks, I gave them my best years, choirs are not due back till May/June.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:25 pm

It has taken nearly till now for the mist to clear, in fact the sun is trying to peep through yippee!. It is never the less very cold which is a little dis-heartening, and it may snow next week. Yuk!. Have a great Easter everyone xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 pm

We were going to be sitting in the garden with friends for a catch up with a few drinks but as it turned cold we canceled which was annoying,but hubby and I sat in the summerhouse and had a few drinks and had a pleasant afternoon,now waiting for the snow on Monday :sad:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:08 am

Good morning on Easter Sunday, cold but a bit of sunshine. I have only one gripe today. A visiting ginger tom with an ugly face has started coming round in the hope of getting indoors. I knew Trixie was being extra territorial because a cat was bothering her, and now he is more bold and I have found him once on the back outside window sill and once on the front. I shoo him away with my angry face, and must remember to shut casement windows each time I go upstairs. :doh:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:31 pm

He obviously fancies your Trixie-------well it is spring Vannin :) I get lots of cats in my garden, usually doing their do-do's on my Rhubarb ???Grrr!.
Its a beautiful warm sunny day Happy Easter to you all xx
dita

Postby dita » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm

It is a bit cloudy at times but mostly sunny and breezy---------It is blooming Freezing .
Big difference to my post of yesterday. :(
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 pm

Today it has been one extreme to the other and my heating has been on to off to on again like a yoyo. At one point the sun was streaming in and windows flung open but the downstairs windows only when I was in the same room. Ginger-watch!
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Been a beautiful sunny morning, the odd cloud stealing the blue sky only occasionally, but so bitter -- and shock to the system when you fancy your chances for warmth as you open the back door-Cor! Blimey!.
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Bitter indeed, some freak changes lately. When we last had a mini-heatwave in March was 1968. That was the year we moved into this house, I was 25 with a year-old son, and my daughter was not even a twinkle in David's eye.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 am

Good morning! A hailstorm last night and heavy frost this morning. But sunny so far.
When the Ocado delivery came yesterday, my fruit orders were out of stock and I'd finished my existing fruit so must go into town for some.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm

There hasn't been any hail storms here, although yesterday it did have a few light snow showers. Today has been mostly sun with a few black clouds hovering around, plus bitterly cold but without the frost. Hope you manage to get your fruit Vannin xxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Bright sun and 22ºC today. Might go out for a coffee somewhere!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby dita » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Stop making me jealous Ciderman, today is warmer but also more cloudy and they do mention rain showers. Yuk!
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Still wintry out there, but have escaped the snow so far. I think some other parts of The Chilterns had it.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes