Weather today

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Weather today

Postby widget » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm

Where is this wind coming from, it is cold, am really getting fed up with the weather, one day nice then back to cold and windy again.
widget

Postby maggieh » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm

Good afternoon from a wet Kent.It is cold,wet,windy. :doh: Not much fun to go out in,so I am staying in again. :roflmao.

This morning I have booked a show to go and see next year.It is a dancer from Strictly Come Dancing ,GiovanniPernice. I wanted to see him this year but we left it to late to book up.

The sun is now out :mrgreen:

Have a lovely afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Afternoon all. Very dull and bitter cold. Wind seems to have dropped but it is very cloudy. I have had my electric blankets on all morning looks like I will have to sit in them all day until I get to bed. Do keep warm folks. cheers. :sad:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:01 pm

Good afternoon on this bright dry afternoon.Still chilly though.Another day at home.

Will do some jigsaw in a while.Have a nice day doing what you like.I think maybe Widget is bowling if its dry.
maggieh

Postby widget » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:33 pm

Our bowling green opened today, had a 'friendly' 18 ends, but it was so cold and the wind!!!!! not like bowling weather should be, nice BBQ and hot coffee afterwards, and I am now really shattered, First match is 2nd May so hope it might warm up before then.
widget

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:16 am

Misty rain this morning! Just got back from a trip to the farmers market. This involves Jill going to buy green stuff and me walking Rosie along a new range of sniffs. I'm sure she could have had a career in border control, sniffing all sorts of stuff. Another little dog on the other side of the road saw us and Rosie saw him too and a long stare followed from both.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Afternoon all. Nice and sunny but bitter cold. A promise that it is going to get colder. Hope Rosie enjoyed her walk. A big hug from me. Take care. cheers
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Afternoon all. Still dull and bitter cold. Are you all o.k. Got the tree men coming Wednesday to cut a lot and try to dig out one big bush which has overgrown to about 14 feet and is ruining the drive.
On TV there is a lady going into a shower, can anyone understand the first 2 or 3 words she says, Drives me nuts trying to understand her. Have a good day and keep warm. cheers.
Penny

Postby widget » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 pm

Not sure about the shower lady,??!!!
Still not bowling weather here, cold windy, heating on.
widget

Postby maggieh » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 pm

I went out yesterday afternoon to meet Logan and his Mum then we went on a bus together to Mcdonalds it was sunny but so cold the wind was blowing.Was pleased to be back indoors in the warm.

Today it keeps going cloudy and still cold,I have had my heating on and off.Now have a blanket over my lap.My shopping delivery came this morning.We have had new keys given to us for the main door downstairs.But at the moment the main door button isnt working so I had to go down 2 flights of stairs to let the delivery in.Blow me after the man went I had to go downstairs again as he forgot to take his trolly with him.So ive had my excercise of 120 stairs today.No wonder I feel sleepy. :roflmao:

Enjoy the rest of your day.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 pm

Afternoon all. What a day. Have the men here cutting down bushes and trees. Been here since 8 a m and still at. The equipment is enormous and traffic been held up when traffic has tried to use our drive. Must say, they really keep at it. No idea when it will be finished,Good job the weather has been dry. Have a good afternoon. Take care. cheers.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm

Are you out there helping the men,Penny :mrgreen: Or are you the tea lady. :roflmao: You will notice a difference in the trees being shorter.

A dry day here but windy.I went out for a walk to the local shop this morning to get some fresh air.

My daughter is 51 tomorrow so I am going out with her for lunch.2 small wines are my limit :roll: Are you still having a night cap Penny.?Do you have a nightcap Widget?

Back to my jigsaw for a while.
maggieh

Postby widget » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 pm

Hi all, still cold and a bit windy, really fed up with this weather.
I always have a glass of red wine with my evening meal and sometime a gin and tonic or vodka and orange, had a vodka tonight as I have just lost another friend, she died in hospital this morning, a bit sudden, but she had cancer and treatment last year, and it came back in her liver and she said she was not going through the treatment again, but I thought she was going to be with us a bit longer.
Just feel I have more friends dead than alive, suppose that comes with age.
widget

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:23 pm

Afternoon all, sorry to hear the news of your friend widget. Very dull and cold here, roll on summer. Still enjoy a couple of glasses of red at night maggieh, afraid the trees are too big for me to help. One had to be destroyed because the roots were messing up the driveway.
Garden lady just been and done her usual fine work. Take care. Big hug for Rosie. cheers.
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 am

Morning all. Nice and sunny but bitter cold. Hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Take care. Big hug for Rosie. cheers
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes