Long live the Internet

Except Personal Attacks

Long live the Internet

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 pm

I have often said how pleased I’ve been with my ISP Entanet with no down time and a brilliant service provided.

However today it has rained all day and I’ve not been able to go out with a wet suit and snorkel and tragedy of tragedies the internet has been down. Has my much vaunted ISP let me down? Have they been careless? Well no some ar*eholes broke in and nicked some of their equipment as a result of which their premises have been a scene of crime for most of the day.

Incidents like this bring home to us “living aloners” just how much we rely on the internet to save us from that feeling of isolation.

Long live the internet, the bestest forum and cheap red wine!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Victors Mate

Postby dejavou » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 pm

I agree VM the internet has opened up a whole new world for a lot of us .... I'd be lost without daily 'net' fix
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 pm

I would never have believed, had anyone told me, that I would get hooked on the internet and join several forums and make so many new friends! I think I would have said it was a dangerous place and I would not be logging on. How wrong can you get?
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Re: Long live the Internet

Postby rocky » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:06 pm

[quote="Victors Mate"]Incidents like this bring home to us “living aloners” just how much we rely on the internet to save us from that feeling of isolation.

Long live the internet, the bestest forum and cheap red wine!!! [quote]

[font=Verdana]Amen. Amen. And amen.[/font] :roflmao:
rocky

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:16 am

I didn't realise it at the time but I know now just how lonely and isolated I was before I found the forums after I bought my first computer - and yet I thought I had plenty of friends and activities ! With the forums I can be with friends 24/7.

I couldn't get onto the 'net last Sunday and now my msn Messenger won't load for some reason. I have tried disconnecting everything and then reconnecting (this fixed the problem of no Internet) and I have also tried deleting and then downloading Messenger again - but no luck. Bliddy computers !!! :tantrum2:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Return to Anything Goes