Blue Monday - it certainly is

Except Personal Attacks

Blue Monday - it certainly is

Postby DaisyB » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Last Monday I had root canal work done on my last remaining upper eye tooth, in preparation for the crown which is supposed to be fitted later this morning, but it is so painful and tender I doubt he will be able to. I get the throbbing as though an abscess is forming. We shall see.

Thursday I had a call from the hospital to tell me that dad was in A&E having fallen off his scooter again, he now has a broken humerus. After many phone calls and faffing about, they have decided that he will have to go into a convalescent home to recover, as he is almost 90. They kept telling us they were discharging him after assessment by social services. I've not visited as I have a cold and don't want to pass it on to him or anyone else.

Also on Thursday, a huge shock. Our next door neighbour, Janice, a fit, healthy 63 year old told her husband she didn't feel too good, that maybe she had flu coming on. She went to the bathroom and collapsed. Ambulance was called, they worked on her for 40 minutes but they couldn't revive her. I just cannot believe it, she used to stride off up the road, with her husband John scuttling along after her. I don't know how he will cope as he is a very nervous man. He was in REME but must have suffered some sort of trauma as he seems scared of his own shadow.

Oh well, what else can go wrong?

Have since been to dentist, now on antibiotics for a week. The crown will be fitted next week - or if the root is still painful he will take it out and add another tooth to my denture
DaisyB

Postby Monsy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 pm

It seems like just one thing after another., doesn't it?

Hope your Dad gets better, he's a bit too old to have that sort of thing happen.

As for the lady next door, what a shock that must have been for everyone.......her poor husband........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm

January has been a dreadful month, just heard of another three who have departed this life. Sorry about your woes DaisyB, do hope your dad gets up and about soon. Takecare of that tooth, you won't get another like it. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Return to Anything Goes