ASBOs to go

Except Personal Attacks

ASBOs to go

Postby Tiddles » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Another failed imitative introduced by the previous administration at enormous cost.

Why is there all this anti-social behaviour going on? Is it boredom or pure bloody mindedness? Perhaps it’s done to lack of discipline in the home?

Some of the new proposals are laughable and will require a considerable amount of administration to run (all at a cost to the taxpayer).

So what would you do to combat the problem?

It I had my way, offenders would be marched to the police station, bent over a desk and given 6 of the best – with a promise of more if they reoffend.

It will be Quick and cheap to administer.

Over to you.....

BBC News wrote:
The government has announced plans to tackle anti-social behaviour, including the creation of new behaviour orders.

Its proposals include the abolition of Anti-social Behaviour Orders (Asbos).

The new Criminal Behaviour Order can be attached to a criminal conviction, and a Crime Prevention Injunction is aimed at stopping anti-social behaviour before it escalates.

But Labour said cuts to police numbers would create an "unacceptable risk with the safety of our streets".

The plans are part of a government consultation on anti-social behaviour.

The coalition also wants to compel police to investigate incidents that are reported by at least five people - known as the "community trigger".

Other plans would allow police to force culprits to make immediate amends.

The Under-Secretary of State for Crime Prevention, James Brokenshire, called the changes to the government's response to anti-social behaviour "a radical streamlining".

He added: "Instead of providing a specific tool to deal with every problem, we aim to introduce a handful of faster, more flexible and more effective tools that allow practitioners to protect victims and communities and get to the root of the problem."

He described the new measures as "an effective toolkit to deal with anti-social behaviour - one that is quick, practical, easy to use and provides a real deterrent to perpetrators".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12378755
Tiddles

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Are they getting rid of Grandmas' ASBOs as well?

Victors Mate

Postby Corrie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Discipline, discipline and more discipline and better parenting skills. Big believer that military schools would work well too.
Corrie

Re: ASBOs to go

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Tiddles wrote:

It I had my way, offenders would be marched to the police station, bent over a desk and given 6 of the best – with a promise of more if they reoffend.

easy to use and provides a real deterrent to perpetrators".

Yes you could even run a raffle among the station sadists to administer the punishment.
Good idea - - - not.
Victors Mate

Postby dejavou » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I don't have a problem with Corporal punishment, which I know many people don't agree with, however I think that if offenders were given a taste of 'proper' unpleasantness the 1st time they were caught, most would not contemplate a return application .... a sight cheaper than any other alternative, most of the louts that have ASBO's see them as a badge of honour, I don't think a few stripes on the behind would carry the same kudos
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby george 45 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Wouldn't make 'em want to take their revenge on authority then ?
george 45

Postby Corrie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Now this is something the Asbo morons and the community server's could be doing along all coastlines

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... liffs.html

Preferably with chains round each ankle of course.
Corrie

Postby mazzy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 am

I would make the parents more responsible for their children - fine them, make them take parenting classes, make them aware of the havoc their sweet little kiddies are causing.

I would not agree to corporal punishment of any kind - I always remember my father's saying.....when you beat a child you beat the devil in!
mazzy

Postby Old-n » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 am

Parents fault lack of discipline when they were young.

The parent should have to pay in full for any damage their children do.
Old-n

Return to Anything Goes