A good read

Except Personal Attacks

A good read

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm

During these depressing days escapism and/of a good laugh can provide a welcome antidote.

In the latter category can I recommend "Monsieur Pamplemousse and the Militant Midwives" a resume of the book is:-

"Having delivered a particularly stirring speech at his recently deceased colleague's funeral, Monsieur Pamplemousse is more than a little disturbed when the coffin explodes into flames during the ceremony. Luckily his faithful hound Pommes Frites gives out a warning cry just in time so there are not casualties. But who exactly is behind this explosion - and what was the actual cause of his late co-workers demise? This latest in their wild romps find the entertaining duo meeting a CIA agent masquerading as a celebrity chef with a penchant for Krispy Kremes, causing chaos at a prestigious hotel, and experimenting with a dog translator.

With delectable wit, sharp dialogue and a marvellous sense of timing, this latest in the adventures of M Pamplemousse and his beloved hound, will have you chuckling out loud and crying out for more."
Victors Mate

Postby dejavou » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 pm

I shall look that up VM am in dire need of a good chuckle at the moment :dunno:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby DaisyB » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm struggling with Lorna Doone at the moment.
Tony have you read Clochemerle? I think you'd enjoy that.
I have just downloaded 'Diary of a Nobody' onto my Kindle, but might read a more contemporary book first.
DaisyB

Postby Monika » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Peter Tinniswood used to do it for me in the funny stakes.

Whilst reading 'A Touch of Daniel', on the train one evening, going home from work, I embarrassed myself by laughing out loud and having others stare over at me. :oops: :oops:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Return to Anything Goes