The mind boggles.

Except Personal Attacks

The mind boggles.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

I started losing my hearing many years ago after the London Blitz and as I got older I have had to wear NHS hearing aids.
One broke this morning and after going to buy a new bed my granddaughter took me to local hospital to see if I could make an appointment to get either the broken one mended or a new one.
The lady at reception said that I would have to phone a Leicester number to make an appointment for when the chap came to do that sort of thing at the hospital.

I was flabbergasted and said "How the heck can anyone phone for an appointment if they could not hear? Cant anyone book an appointment on line because many other businesses did it that way and if a person is deaf and can use a computer at least they could read and make an appointment that way."

She looked at me in amazement and said "No one has ever mentioned that before but I think its a brilliant idea would you like to fill in a suggestion form and put it in the box for the next collection?"

A suggestion form was promptly filled in with my request.

I had thought of one or two more suggestions that I wanted to put down but my lovely d-i-l said that it would take them all their time to do what I had asked for never mind what I would like them to do. :roflmao: :roflmao:

What sort of sodding goons are running the health service?

Anyway when we got back my lovely d-i-l phoned Specsavers because they do hearing tests and sell hearing aids so I am having a home test done next week. YES I know it can be costly but if I cant have what I want now its a poor tale.
If I have to wait for someone coming from Leicester each time anything goes wrong with the NHS aids I could be missing out on a lot of things. :huffin:
Do any members on here have private hearing aids?
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes