Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi Penny and all, lovely greetings for you at Sainsburys , I find they are friendly in ours too and do seem to remember your face even if you don't go in each week, I tend to drift to a couple of folk on the check-out who I have had little chats with over our many visits over the years. Thanks for the low-down about that bit of land Andere its quite amusing really and I bet there is many forgotten little projects around the country left in similar situations. I do hope LK is now back as fit as a flea,----Ooops!! sorry :) Bet you don't throw that Birthday card away which Logan specially made for you Maggieh?? Hope you have an enjoyable Greek meal, I enjoyed the food in Greece while on holiday a few years ago very much. Got to get an early lunch OH going to the hospital to pick up that heart monitor he has to wear overnight??? then of course there is still this other thing with his bowel fiasco, Big hug from Dolly Penny, and take care everyone, may get back later xxx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi Penny and all, its very cold and sunny today, OH just taken Dolly for a walk, he was out all of 5 Minutes ?? anyway enough said about that. It is my Sis-in-laws birthday next week and I usually get her a few bits and bobs and post them just for a smile, have already sent something special on line but now wondering about if we get snowed in next week ??????. Big hugs from us both Penny :) hope all ok with everyone, have a great weekend xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Morning Dita and all. Hope OH is OK after his kip with a meter. Did it work OK.? Lets hope he gets all his probs. sorted out soon. Don't bother about weather Dita, we were saying this morning, every week we read the forecast and not once has it been correct in this area. Lovely and sunny here but very cold. OH playing with his trains, so pleased he has started it again. Awaiting son to come and fix these silly ''Hello google things'''Make me even lazier???Hope everyone is keeping well in spite of the cold.Good rugby on BBC1. later Dita, hoping to watch. Take care all and have a good day. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little cats. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi Penny, the machine is here until Monday and he has not used it yet-----in fact I know very little about whats going on really. Know what you mean about the weather we have yet to get snow at all throughout the winter. Watched the match last night and watching it now, thank goodness for a few smiles as well, at least its a change from all the depressing stuff going on. Dolly thanks you for her hug, I do as well xxxxx
dita

Postby marieann » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

hi I haven't got anything cheerful to report. Tony passed his chest infection on to me and by Thursday he couldn't move and the emergency carers couldn't get him out of bed. That was 7am and by the time 11 came he was desperate to be up. We managed it between us and got him to the bathroom and sorted out and then I just banged him into a transit chair and brought him into the living room I didn't know how I was going to get him back out of it. The lady who does the organising came and looked at the state of both of us and he went into a local care home where this care team has beds. He's done this before when he's been in hospital. They're having to use hoists to move him but he's getting well looked after and their therapists are great but I don't think I coped very well. The bright side of this is how lucky we are to have a system like this in place but I'm going to end up with an intensive care plan eventually and he will be all right once the infections have cleared.

This is the first time I've felt like posting so I hope everyone and their pets are and husbands are improving. I hope your hand is easier, Viv.
marieann

Postby vannin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Marieann, I wish a better week to your husband and to you. It must have been immensely difficult getting Tony out of bed and thence moving him in the house. I hope the infections soon respond to treatment..

Thank you for thinking of my hand, amid the turmoil. It is very raw where the scalding was. The blister which burst once then blistered again, is about the size of a 50p piece and there is a large redness round it, but at the moment, it looks worse than it feels. The problem of keeping it safe and dry, means I have become very good at changing my own dressings with the need for teeth helping the progress.

I used to be a first-aider but that is not a great help with self-bandaging!
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:43 pm

Viv, I don't know if this will be any help but when I scalded my hand (my left and I'm left handed), I took to wearing a disposable latex glove over the dressing so that I could use the hand without getting the dressing wet or dirty. Later, when the dressing was off, I wore the glove whenever I "used"the hand but left it off most of the time so the air could get to the new skin. I got a box of 50 gloves in a pound shop and I still have a few left. Could you not get a community nurse to visit and change the dressings as you live alone? Hope it's progressing ok, anyway.

Oh, Marieann, you're in the wars, too. I do hope your infection clears quickly and you get some peace and a proper rest while Tony is convalescent in the care home. A get-well :bighugs: to you.

Lovely, bright cold day here. I went shopping in Lincoln for a change of scene and everyone was bright and smiley because it was so lovely. I'm getting really fed up with all these weather warnings and panicky news reports. If this beast from the east thing is really going to happen, then tell us a few days before in sensible terms. All that hype and blether for weeks on end drives me nuts! :lala:

LK isn't too bad at present, thanks for asking, Dita. Her eyes are no worse but they're certainly no better so I hope we hear from the referral vets soon and can get her sorted out. OH has wandered off for an evening in Wetherspoons so I'm going to get into my dressing gown and slippers and have a slob's night in with a bag of popcorn and a new book on Kindle.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 pm

[quote="Andere Richtingen"]Viv, I don't know if this will be any help but when I scalded my hand (my left and I'm left handed), I took to wearing a disposable latex glove over the dressing so that I could use the hand without getting the dressing wet or dirty. Later, when the dressing was off, I wore the glove whenever I "used"the hand but left it off most of the time so the air could get to the new skin. I got a box of 50 gloves in a pound shop and I still have a few left. Could you not get a community nurse to visit and change the dressings as you live alone? Hope it's progressing ok, anyway.[quote]

Andere, I have a pack of latex gloves and wear them some of the time, so I can do 'stuff', But the wound goes from the thumb base and up the wrist- which I should call a scalded wrist rather than hand. So the gloves are a bit short. But, when bathing, I have one of those outsize plastic tubular protectors, elasticated both ends, which would look right for an elephant's leg!

Enjoy your book! It is good to know LK's eyes are no worse, but the waiting is not what you need.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Morning Dita and all, What a gorgeous day, such a clear blue sky and very sunny. Very cold but to be expected in February. I hope everyone is on the upward ladder, so many people been ill this winter, its beyond belief. Please take care all and keep warm. Had a lovely afternoon yesterday, granddaughter, now back at Bath University came home for the weekend and popped in for a chat and giggle.She loves to hear about my affairs etc when I was her age and she went off with bits and pieces of jewellry from those days. Wish she was nearer, we always end up in a happy mood after our chats. Just about to prepare lunch. OH playing trains.Catch you later folk, please take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi Penny and all, beautiful sunny day here too, Can imagine the look on your face when your Grandaughter visited, although not the same, my mobile rang yesterday and there was a little text----' Hi Grandma this is Fab, how are you?- it was such a feeling of joy that I felt, to think she was thinking of me :) Marieann I have a big hug for you, what you are going through at the moment is truly hard, bad enough your poor hubby suffering from the virus but for you to go down with it as well is so dire. Thinking about you and wishing you well xxx Penny you mentioned that your GD loves to hear about your *!Affairs???? Is there something going on I may be interested in???? Hugs from Dolly and me :) and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Ha Ha, Dita, I used the wrong words. As I was a bit of a prude. No, I meant my times with the BBC and years in Singapore. Funny thing, I was just reading a farewell letter from the Director General. My GD is particularly interested in a farewell book signed by friends in Singapore. she wants to keep it so i am still looking. Do hope everyone is on the mend and Marieann feeling a little better. Must be a dreadful worry for her. Take care all.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 am

Good morning all. I have just watched a flurry of snow which lasted about half an hour. Funny how the flakes are directionless, as though being tossed around, yet the wind is only slight. One of the weathermen yesterday said 'There might, just MIGHT, be blizzard conditions in the South'. I know they can't make a concise prediction for every area, but we never used to hear so many 'mights' nor so many 'wintry showers' which cover various outcomes.

I am nursing my 'scald' and, as it is a week since the accident, am starting to reveal it to the air. Not a pretty sight - raw meat-ish. But beginning to heal.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Morning Dita and all, so pleased you are on the mend vannin, keep it up. Quite right about weather forecasts these days, we were told heavy snow by Wed. now we hear possible snow. Have to wait and see. At present we have a lovely sunny day with bright blue sky, very cold of course. Do hope all are keeping warm and well. Big hug for Dolly should be a fun game today, soft hugs for all little ones.Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Penny and all, we have had a covering of snow overnight- the first we've seen throughout the winter, threats of more snow to come too between a little sunshine. Good to hear the effects of your scold are easing a little Vannin, no doubt that little friend of yours is keeping you well cuddled :) We were at the hospital at 9.30am returning the monitor that OH had stuck to his finger overnight, we await to know the result now and whether he can have a general anaesthetic to remove that polyp or not is the question? Need to do a clean up too because Dolly is leaking an amount of hair despite of getting groomed every day. Keep warm Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Hope you are all feeling well and warm.Little snowflakes keep falling here.If its going to happen it will be while most of us are sleeping tonight.

I had a lovely little boy for a couple of hours this morning,he didnt want to go shopping with mummy and sister.So he came to Nanny's.We had fun he brought a big box with his trainset in,but that never came out the box :roflmao:

He wanted a chocolate so I undone the box and he said he wanted the ones with lines on.I put them in a bag so he could eat them later.But I see he forgot to take them home.

I had a lovely time out with my daughter on Saturday at a greek restaurant over looking the harbour.We sat by the window and it was hot.The owners had put a happy birthday banner on the wall as my daughter told them it was my birthday.Then after the meal they brought me a little cake in with a sparkler on it and a candle for me to blow out. :mrgreen:

Hope you and Tony feel better soon,Marieann.xx
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes