Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Dita and all, what an afternoon. Son fixed up our gear so that we could use BTSport. Been watching Rugby until now. Great. Saracens versus Harlequins and our boys won 24.......11. Son was there and expected a poor game as it was the lower part of the team without Farrell. However, they turned out better so I sent a message to tell Farrell to retire early. Can't have him keep letting me down. Hope crosswords were O>K Keeps trying to rain here, that's all we need. Take care and don't forget the clocks. Big hug for Dolly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Lucy thanks all for their good wishes and bids me to continue telling the saga ...
Yesterday evening, feeling hopeful and reasonably cheerful after the morning's success, I placed LK in position on top of the tumble dryer with 1.5 tablets beside us and battle commenced. And it was a battle. She was absolutely NOT having those pills! Yes, I've had the instructions, seen the videos, I DO know how to get tablets into a cat. An ordinary cat, that is, not a swearing, biting, scratching, squirming, thrashing, alien thing with more legs than a cat should have! I lost count of how many times I got them into her throat, stroked her throat until she swallowed and still she spat them out. Eventually, I resorted to wrapping her in a huge towel like a strait jacket and I thought I'd succeeded but began to worry about both of our blood pressures. She went out and I feared she might never return. She did, an hour later after I'd annointed my wounds with iodine.
Already stressed about facing the same again this morning, I opened the back door to let her out for her early walk - and found a spat out tablet on the doorstep. I admit it. I cried.
When I'd stopped crying, I rang the Derby vets. Half an hour later, they rang back with the answer. Stop trying! Just discontinue and the ophthalmologist will call me in the next couple of days.
Madam is a tad subdued but knows she's won that round. Now I'm off to change my clocks and take my virus to bed.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Poor you and poor puss., I am so sorry but you did the right thing speaking to the vet Now both of you forget about tablets and enjoy a few cuddles until the vet has made a decision for the poor puss. Just off to bed and change clocks. Will await news from you. Give puss a big hug from me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Penny and all, Realised too late that the Rugby was on Ch5 yesterday and OH did not see it when I asked him to check, when I did find out --(-well have now made an appointment with my law lady?? -) sounded a good win for Saracens so your son will be well pleased, hope Farrell took notice Penny ?? Poor Andere what a struggle you are having with that lovable Pussy of yours, I once had that kind of carry on with My Chinchilla cat Prudence and still have the scars. At the moment on ' Quest Red freeview ch38 there is a programme 'My cat From Hell' :) :) Suns out and Dolly waiting for her game, big hugs Penny and all xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Dinner is in the oven cooking its a shop brought shepherds pie I sprinkle cheese on top before it goes in the oven gives it more flavour.

Had my little grandson for 3 hours today it was really lovely.He was full of chat as soon as I opened the front door to him.We are both playing the same game on xbox(he has to play with dad}so he was able to get me off a level that I had been on for a week. :roll:

I would have given up on LK cat to after all that trouble getting a pill down her.Andere.

Have a nice evening.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Good for you maggieh, so pleased your day turned out well with Logan. Most of us have already passed that age but we would all love to start it again. Nothing like grandchildren to help along the day. Continue as long as poss, time flies so quickly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Don't forget ITV at 8 p,m, tonight. Simply Lovely. The Durrels
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi Penny and all, lovely and sunny day, hope you are all enjoying the same. Good to hear you had fun with little Logan Maggieh, it was my Grandsons birthday the other day and he phoned to tell me he'd got engaged :) but he is in his 20's and when he was small our relationship sounds much like yours is with Logan. Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is a lovely sunny day here,windows are open.Nice and warm wish it would stay like this.I did go to the local shop for a walk.

Have done a few chores today while I have been able to with this breathing lark. :roll: Going downstairs soon with my recycling bag get rid of rubbish and plastics.

It is lovely with Logan speaking like he does.My son didnt talk till he was 4 there was no reason for it.Then Logan's brother Callum who is 19 was fussy who he spoke to.He and his sister had mutism so they hardly spoke at a young age.But Logan has been different from as soon as he could walk and talk.They waited a long time for him to come along.He has a sister of 21 this year so there is a big age gap.

I expect you are all sitting out in your gardens on your sunloungers. :roflmao: :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Dita and all, I lkie the sitting in the sun etc maggieh, sitting in the kitchen watching the chops cook more like it.Hope everyone is OK. Started off very bright and sunny but now dull and getting colder. Just taken a couple of loaves out so that is me done for today. ...If anyone is in to wine, Sainsbury's offer this week is six bottles with a return of 25%.So six at £5. will be £3.75.. Get your purse out Dita. Take care all, Big hug for Dolly and very soft hugs for puss's hope the are all on the mend. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Penny and all, after the most beautiful day on Monday, today is just rain and low cloud, just got my dumplings made and looking forward to scoffing them down very shortly. Maggieh there is lots of age difference in my family too, youngest Grandaughter is nearly 12yrs and my oldest Grandson is in his 30's with the other 2 in between. Like you I am having a bit of problem breathing and I do think pollution makes it worse as well as the usual bacca-blame. Hope your legs feeling more comfortable Penny, and big hugs from Dolly and me to all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 am

G'morning, all. It's grey and gloomy again but not actually raining and not especially cold. Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. This wretched virus has really knocked the stuffing out of me and I just can't seem to raise any energy or enthusiasm for anything so I don't have much to report.
I did speak to Lucy's ophthalmologist again. She is adamant that stressing LK with pills will only make her condition worse and has now recommended a new kind of cat treat with an amino acid in it which prevents the herpes virus from multiplying and causing flare ups. I've ordered some online but they haven't arrived yet - and I'm trying not to think about the cupboard full of rejected cat treats we already have due to Madam being such a pernickity little wretch.
Now I'm off to create a beef stew in the slow cooker. Have a nice day, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Morning Dita and all, so sorry you are not well Andere, do take care and keep warm. Hope puss is getting on o.k. Just started to rain again here, we are promised heavy showers all day and so far that is exactly what we have had, Just starting again. Such a gloomy day. Do hope vannin is o.k.too.along with her puss.(always forget the names) Do hope Dita is feeling o.k. on one side I see her rolling on the sandy beach in Spain and then on the other, at home, indoors keeping poor Dolly amused. Only joking. Do take care all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for our little friends. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Penny and all, Spain would be lovely----but indoors looking after OH and keeping Dolly amused is more near the mark Penny :) OH just gone to the hospital to see a chest consultant, its very wearying, I have never known a year when he hasn't either a problem with his mental health and lately physical health too. Its funny weather here just like Andere described apart from the few spots of rain we've just had. Managed to prune my small standard rose the other day but found it a bit of a task as does other jobs of late. Hope anyone ill soon gets better, big hugs from Dolly and me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Morning Dita and all. Hope you are feeling a lot better Andere and also everyone who is under the weather at present. Quite bright today but still cold. Hope little ones are O,K, and ready for Easter. My son came last night with my shopping and instead of Easter Egg bought me a new Lightweight vacuum. Must admit I am pleased as mine is rather heavy.Looking thro my old coil box last night found one, looks just like a gold coloured farthing. Checked on EBay and found it is a 1910 Edward V11,Indian gold coin supposed to be worth £300 pounds. Don't belive it myself. Anyone into old coins. ..Have several Royal Golden Wedding and also wedding of Charles and Dianne. Looking rather grey now, hope no more rain today. Do take care all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes