Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello everyone.Another lovely hot day sunny day here with a bit of a breeze.I have been to see Logan today,a mixture of games to play.Son was giving his bike a clean up.Then Logan thought that looks good and set to cleaning his bike.He used a half bottle of stuff to clean it with.

I even got to see my eldest grandson but he doesn't have much to say.He might grunt hello. :roll: Saw my granddaughter getting the bus to work that I had just got off.

My dinner is in the oven,be eating soon hopefully.Hope you have all been enjoying this nice weather and sleep well tonight. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi Penny and all, we had no rain at all but saw on the news there was some horrific storms overnight, rang my son in Kent and they hadn't had any thunder either. You were defo a busy lady yesterday Maggieh, if I had known we have a very scruffy car that needs a clean :) Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Sunday, take care xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Good afternoon Dita and everyone else that might pop in.It is warm down here still but quite a breeze.Just closed my windows as some people have lit a barbie by the washing lines.My bedroom now smells like a barbie.I don't know why they could'nt do it over their own side.

Did you ask your son if your granddaughter is doing rock painting Dita?If like me you forgot to ask.

I have had quite a sporty day so far.Watched the marathon early on.Now got snooker on in the background while I'm dressing a stone up :roflmao:

Have a nice lazy afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 am

dita wrote:.... I had my 60th birthday do at Torksey Andere, you are reminding me of things from quite a while ago....

The Hume Arms? That was one of my gran's favourite places for Sunday lunch when I was growing up. Sadly, it closed very suddenly about 18 months ago and the building is up for sale. The people who were running it had only been there about a year and were getting a good reputation for food and decent real ale but something must have gone very wrong...

Not so warm here today but it's still dry. Saturday was a lovely day. We went on a vintage bus trip to a transport festival at Quorn station on the Great Central Railway and had a great time chuffing up and down behind a beautiful steam locomotive. Everywhere is looking so beautiful with the hedgerows a mass of blackthorn blossom and leaves appearing on the trees at last, you can't help but smile. OH went on another trip to Ruddington near Nottingham yesterday but I wasn't feeling great and decided to stay at home. Pity because he tells me I missed a super day out. Of course, Murphy's Law says I'm fine now!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:30 am

Morning Dita and all, Sounds like a super weekend Andere, hope you are fully on the mend now.Looking very cloudy here, hope doesn't rain as young chappie is coming for a couple of hours tomorrow'... Lawns look lovely and green but grass growing quickly now. Do hope everyone is feeling on the up today, sick and tired of these aches and pains.Hope Noddy gets himself sorted at the Drs...Keep fit for tomorrow Dita in case he manages to finish in time. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a nice day again not quite as hot and its a bit breezy but very pleasant. Yes Andere "The Hume Arms" such a great place for a meal out, I didn't know it had shut and gone up for sale, that is very sad to hear it was one of my favourite places and so popular. Shall we buy it????? Sorry you missed the Nottinghamshire trip, its surprising how these viruses keep you under par. Will try to get fit for the morrow Penny just in case I get a visitation, maybe manage 5k this afternoon ????? Dolly sends big hugs and like me says take care everyone xx
dita

Postby dita » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Penny and all, just popped in and now popping out again, it is just starting to rain and I have washing out, I'm ready and waiting for the visitation Penny if it happens. take care xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Good afternoon from a lovely sunny Kent.Its a bit breezy though.

Janet and I have done a lot of walking today,we walked to the town,on way back we hid some rocks that Janet had drawn on and varnished.So there will be some happy children finding them later.I brought a tin of varnish to finish mine off with.

Back to drawing lessons tomorrow then Noddy in the afternoon.Will hear about his swollen feet hopefully he told the dr about them.

All have a lovely evening and be good. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Dita and all, 6.p,m and guess who has just arrived, OH got it wrong, I didn't get the call but it appears he said, depending on weather and how much he could get through, he would turn up as and when, I have worn myself out today. made some marmalade, made some bread,cooked lunch etc. so enjoyed a nice sit waiting for young chappie. By the time he is finished it will be too late to enjoy his company. So, have a break Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Today I collected my new prescription to join the Osteoporosis once-a-week learners. Meaning the medication called Alendron to take once a week under strict rules. Also been changed to Omzaprazole antacid instead of Ranitidine (Zantac) which I had been on since 2012. But it didn't stop me having heartburn, in fact, this year, there was also more reflux, regurge etc.

Tomorrow I start physio on the fractured vertebra, with an Andrew. Before the heatwave, the backpain had a few good days with hardly a twinge and I assumed the warm sunshine would improve bones even more. But no. It was very painful during the heatwave and better today which is so cold! The discolouration of the face finally faded away last week. So, looking on the bright side and hoping 'Andrew' will be gentle with me!
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Poor vannin, making me twinge to think what you must feel at times. Often sit and think I can't take any more, nothing near as much as you have. I do feel for you and pray you soon begin to feel on the up. Take care and soft hug for puss. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Morning Dita and all, very odd today, on/off sun and clouds and not very warm. Young chappie did a super job last night, lawns look lovely. managed quite a bit of weeding so it was a good visit. Hope you are all on the up. Keep thinking about poor vannin, my troubles are no where near hers. Ihope puss gives her lots of cuddles. Hope you are feeling better today Dita. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones....Got home cooked chilly beef today, with mixed veg and a baked potato. Take care, cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi Penny and all, our weather sounds much like yours Penny, very dark clouds keep coming then the sun pops out but its chilly. Poor Vannin she is certainly having a rough time bless her, here's big hugs for you dear Vannin :bighugs: Wondered why our young man was extra frisky yesterday Penny, you didn't make him as tired as you usually do but the trouble was I was struggling a bit, anyway he'd have worked an appetite up for your home made baking :rolleye11: Hope you are ok Penny there is a little doggie here waiting for a game of footie. How is your sons inlaws?? :bighugs: from both of us and take care all :please:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

O>K>thanks Dita. families have just been over from Austria and New Zealand. for three weeks. Back to quiet run for now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:54 pm

I thought I'd look in and say hello. Not much happening here except it keeps raining again. Summer was good while it lasted :lol: . All that sunshine at the end of last week has really brought on the blossom and the spring flowers. The hedges are a mass of lovely blackthorn; the flowering trees are in full bloom and, at last, there are leaves on the trees. The garden is full of bluebells and grape hyacinth, a sea of vivid blue. It's lovely!

Our old house is on the market. The estate agent agreed with me it's better to sell it as a fixer-upper rather than spend time and money on repairs whose costs we probably wouldn't recover. It's supposed to be the best time of year to sell so fingers crossed...

Vannin, I hope Andrew was a positive experience and he was as gentle as possible with your poor vertebrae. I think physios exist for us to love-to-hate but their job satisfaction must be enormous when they manage to convert a hobbling crone or a limp, aching armed misery into a strong and sprightly "normal" human!
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes