Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Good afteroon.What a horrible day weather wise,wet,windy and cold.Just turned all my heaters on in my flat need to warm the rooms up.May as well close the curtains really as its so dark.

Going back to drawing tomorrow if I haven't been booted out. :please: I must set my alarm clock tonight ready for the morning.

I forgot to say well done to your granddaughter Penny for getting a place to Australia next year.She is a clever girl too.Hope you had a nice lunch out today.

Bet it is lovely sucking the leaves up in your special vac Andere.We have got a lot of leaves on the paths here,i am always wary incase I slip on some wet ones.I don't want a broken hip.
Have a nice quiet evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Andere, Ireland - how wonderful. Ah shur, there is no rush in Ireland! It is a few years since I visited home and had hoped to go last year or this year. But now I am not allowed to fly, after the multiple embolisms on both lungs last year. If your tour is due to call at many stops, I wonder if the midlands will be included. They are often forgotten, but have plenty to offer, not just golf and fishing but some historical wonders and oh! the lakes themselves. All large and beautiful. Part of my childhood was spent near Lough Ree. Athlone and westwards of that city.
If you have time to spend in Dublin, which (like any city I suppose) has been massively changed, aim for Temple Bar which, though a major haunt of 'yoof', is full of atmosphere for any age.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:36 am

Vannin, we sail from Holyhead to Dublin, then Enterprise express train (1st class, with dinner) to Belfast then coach to Dunadry where our hotel is located. The holiday is designed for people with an interest in steam trains and transport heritage generally so it might sound a bit anorakky to "normal" people but the next few days include Larne by coach then Carrickfergus,Belfast and Bangor by train and on to the Ulster Folk Museum. The next day takes in th Sperrin mountains, Co Donegal and the Fintown railway; the Difflin Lake railway then the coach deposits us in Derry where we are promised the most scenic railway journey in NI to Antrim. The next couple of days take in Co Down and several more preserved railways; the Mourne Mountains; Portrush; a scenic run along the Antrim coast including the Giant's Causeway (plus optional rope bridge!).
Final day involves brekky on the Enterprise train back to Dublin and some as yet unspecified activity in the city before getting the ferry back to Wales.

It's the first time we'be booked with this company, Inside Track, and if we enjoy it we'll probably book their Eire based holiday next year, which does include time in the Irish midlands. I've never been to any part of Ireland; OH went on a boy scouts camping holiday near Dublin when he was a teenager and had to do a couple of days working in Derry not long before he retired. He was looking forward to the scenic drive from Belfast airport but thick fog descended and lasted the whole time he was over there so he saw nothing but other people's fog lights! The only memorable thing about that trip was the big lummox leaving his really warm overcoat in an airport luggage trolley on his way home and not realising till he got back to Stansted... Despite many phone calls, it was never located and he's mourned its loss ever since.

It's been a miserable, mostly wet day but OH and I both needed a haircut so we both went into town and got ourselves made beautiful (!?!) then had lunch together in the rather up-market bus station café. Lovely hot pork rolls with stuffing and apple sauce.... Yet more leaves all over the paths. I can't just leave them because they make the paths very slippery when wet and I don't want us or the postman or anyone else braking a hip or an ankle. They're not even our trees but a neighbour's and the prevailing wind just blows the leaves all over us and the houses either side. :tantrum2:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 am

Hi again, all. I actually wrote the post above last night but got an error message when I tried to post it. Amazing!y, I managed to save it!
Nothing much to add this morning. It's cold and grey and I need to do a supermarket order because we're running out period and I don't want to go out for it!! Even LK is utterly fed up and keeps looking out at the weather and wailing at me to do something about it. I wish!
Have a nice day and keep warm, folks.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Hi again, all. I actually wrote the post above last night but got an error message when I tried to post it. Amazing!y, I managed to save it!
Nothing much to add this morning. It's cold and grey and I need to do a supermarket order because we're running out period and I don't want to go out for it!! Even LK is utterly fed up and keeps looking out at the weather and wailing at me to do something about it. I wish!
Have a nice day and keep warm, folks.

Glad you rescued the posted message! April is greatly to be looked forward to!
I have always wanted to be driven on that famously beautiful Antrim coast road.
It has been snowing here :cry:
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Just mentioned this to OH to see if he would like the trip but halfway through, he is off on his own with his lap top...So that is my conversation for today. Weather looks changeable, sunny at present but very cold. Just had my weekly from Sainsbury. I hope everyone is keeping warm, getting colder for the weekend so wrap-up. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Good afternoon what a cold day.I got awfully cold at drawing group today as the heating wasn't on.Next week I will put a extra layer on.My hands were cold as well so was the lady next to me.

Now back at home with the heating on full blast. :roll: It is nice and sunny out though.On my bus this morning was noddy he didnt have anything much to say just a wave. :roflmao: Some men are funny :roflmao:

We had to draw a cup on a saucer today and a coffee jug.Next week we are doing it again plus shading in.I don't like that as teacher seems to see differant to me,then puts me off my stroke.

Your holiday next year sounds very tiring to me Andere.I'd want to come home for another rest after that.Hope you have a lovely time though.Another holiday for LK.I don't like walking on wet leaves incase I skid on them and finish up with a injury to a hip.

Dita is seeing her doctor today hope she can join us all soon.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone,back tomorrow.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Dita saw her Doctor today and has to go again next week. Not sure if she will be posting before then. Fingers crossed..Needs plenty of rest. Hope all are O>K> no snow as yet but promised. Keep warm all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Good afternoon.Its a fresh day outside need hat,scarf and gloves on. :roll:

Noddy has just arrived,he said his got his thermals on under his trousers and feels warmer.Thats good as heating won't be on till 4ish.He can put a throw over hisself for the time being.

Chicken is in the slow cooker for dinner later,I am well organised today.Done my good deed today and done some shopping for my mate down the road.Topped her electric and gas meters up for her.

I have been giving my living room a spring clean I pulled a cupboard into here this morning from the hallway that's now under the window.Once the trolley in the hallway has been put downstairs I can put Noddy's foldup bed out in hall.

I am going to a funeral tomorrow will wrap up warm for that as its outside.No snow wanted down here.

Don't forget to do lots of resting Dita,hope you feel better soon.Have a nice afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

"Fresh" is one way of putting it, Maggieh! The words I'm more inclined to use are perishin' cold! It's wall to wall wet and dark here, hasn't got light at all. I really hate having to have lights on in the middle of the day and just want to go back to bed. But, at least, it hasn't showed here although Carol Joyce may well have had a quantity of the white stuff yesterday, along with Vannin. I do wish the newspapers wouldn't get so hysterical about it. It's winter, for goodness sake. Get over it!

The nice man from Waitrose brought my groceries this morning so I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon making veg soup to warm us for the next week or so. I wish I had the energy to spring clean anything, Maggieh. I'm far too lethargic to do anything but the bare minimum at the moment.

Sending love and a :bighugs: to Dita. Get well soon, girl. We miss you. Xxx
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Afternoon folk. Awoke this morning, white over with a thick frost. Bitterly cold now and very dark. Did ask Dita if she would sign in but having trouble at present with internet so not sure if she got my note. Will try again later. Like me Andere, I hate housework of any kind. Do any of you have a Co-Op near. Called in by chance and bought their mince pies. 6 x £1.00. Exactly the same as Sainsbury's ,,,,6 x £2.00 Tried a couple today and gave them top marks. every little helps. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 am

How is the drawing going maggeigh, did you ever see those books I mentioned. I have just finished the second page of book 2. It is of a whale. would you believe. Hope Noddy enjoys his kip in the hall. I expect Logan is better now, have to take care in this weather, so many with coughs and colds. I hope all have had their flu jabs by now. Keep fingers crossed re post from Dita. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny

Just seen half my post gone missing.ie..... Start again, Morning all,. Very dull and miserable here after a cold night with slight rain. Nothing planned apart from the usual chores. Had my first Pheasant and pied Woodpecker in the garden yesterday. Seem to be less about this year, fingers crossed we will get more. Had two or three green Woodpeckers a few weeks ago but nothing of late. OH just fed the garden birds, between 60 and 80 rooks etc. I hope all are well, cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Good morning everyone.It is dry here,The poor trees look a tad bare of leaves.Poor birds nothing to shelter them.

I had a lovely few hours with little Logan yesterday.He has built a house so I can go and live with them.So sweet of him.
He is so happy that in his school nativity play this year he is going to be holding a microphone and speak into it and tell a story.I think he will just clamp up as he is shy where strangers are concerned.I am going to watch him.

I enjoyed the dancing lastnight,Bruno gets on my nerves though.Wish we could vote him out. :roflmao:

Janet and I are going away on Thursday to see our big sister for a few days,we will be searching the new shops out and have a little spend up like us ladies like to do. :mrgreen:

Last night I watched Get me out in the jungle.It was brillant for a laugh.Not laughed so much on a Saturday night for a long time.

My morning is going so fast Ive hardly done anything,and ive lots that I wanted to do today.Oh well I've only got myself to please.

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Bless little Logan, I hope he manages O>K> Pity I missed Strictly. OH insisted he watched the final of this seasons motor racing, never thought to go and look at my other tele. Will watch tonight. Its a lovely sunny day today, still rather cold but right for this time of year I miss a lot of funny programmes as OH has no sence of humour. After reading Pooh dogs funny, i passed it to OH and said. this is very funny have a look. His reply, why do I want to read it.? Gives you some idea. Hope Logan copes well with the microphone, must make sure he doesn't hide his face with it. Have a good day, catch you later. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Finally I have reached the end, I hope, of a two-month hassle with the Outpatient (non)referral system for Opthalmology to do the second Capsulotomy. This time my right eye. The time I had the left eye done in August was at my local hospital and was brilliant. This time, I will end up having it done in Stoke Mandeville this Thursday though the original start of the hassle was because I was offered a FEBRUARY 2019 apptmt at the Prince Charles Eye Unit in Windsor, part of King Edward V11 , WINDSOR.at 9 a.m. Useless, it would be three buses or £50 each way by taxi. I wouldn't dream of asking a neighbour. Leave home at 7 a.m. for rush-hour traffic. Not likely.

In the past, another hospital dept (High Wycombe) has caused hassle when they lost a referral and I waited extra fruitless months while the surgeon in Endoscopy was also waiting, not knowing The System apparently had no knowledge of me, so the condition got worse. Ever since the time the NHS system went computerised, glitches are constant. In fact their original computer, costing millions, was a non-starter.

But the human prevarication this time was monstrous and I stressed myself into fighting mode (really unusual) and after seven phone calls with the referral centre which kept promising to un-refer me at Windsor and re-refer me somewhere nearer, and three phone calls to Stoke Mandeville and two to the Medical Secretary to the 'Eye Team, I finally sent an irate email to the manager of the referral centre who, I now know, got on the phone to Referrals at Stoke M and I finally got my date for much sooner than expected. The recipient of my irate email phoned me, sounding all 'injured innocence'. I was worn out afterwards, partly by speaking polite monosyllables and thanking him for the call. Thursday will cost a lot for transport but will be worth it to get this over with.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes