Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Sorry folk. meant to say blood sample. I think this is a yearly thing. Fingers crossed. When out for lunch had Scampi and chips. Having a change next week. Pleased everyone is getting along o.k. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 am

Morning all, once again. nice and sunny start. Still cold of course. OH out for lunch with the boys today so a quiet time for me doing housework. Hope everyone is on the up. Take care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Penny and all, hope you are ok.---- Maggieh Maybe the reason I have to fast is because the tests I have are for more than just my BP, they include blood test, checking diabetes levels, and because of chest and stomach problems too. I have them once per month. My son lives at Hythe which is your area Maggieh, he will be the one to contact about the where-abouts of places to stay in France if you wish to go. :roflmao: We had rain last night at bedtime but today so far it is cloudy and dry. Dolly sends a big hug Penny, and take care everyone xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi,everyone. I thought I'd better check in even though I don't have a lot to say.. Life is very quiet hereabout at present although OH keeps threatening to drag me off on a tour of tile shops to find something suitable for the floor and the kitchen walls when we start the new kitchen extension. I know I'll have to give in and go eventually but tiles are soooooo boring! So long as they're not lurid, not slippery and don't show the muck to o much,I find it hard to get enthusiastic! I know, I know. I'm an ungrateful wretch who doesn't deserve a new kitchen ...

I hope our resident twins are having a good day.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 pm

A word of advice
We had quarry tiles on our kitchen floor,yes they looked nice and washed well,but not good if you fall over as i well know.
So we now have tiled cushion flooring so much better,not that i have fallen yet on it lol. :roflmao:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

After 'a night on the tiles' hmm? :downhatch:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks, Twin! I discovered when I tripped up on the deli doorstep 3 weeks ago how unyielding ceramic tiles can be!!
We have Cushionflor or similar tiles at present and I like the style and colour - a sort of marbled dark duck-egg blue. Trouble is, it's pretty old and, although I'd be happy to have the extension covered in the same, it doesn't seem to be available any longer. So, if we have to start from scratch, I'm looking at all options for a style/colour that inspires me. Whatever we choose will have to be compatible with the underfloor heating, too . Decisions, decisions.

A lovely morning here. OH is suggesting we have lunch and slope off somewhere for the afternoon. Another tile shop, maybe?
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Good afternoon.Nothing exciting happening here.Nice weather today sun is out.Was pleasant walking to and fro the shop.Have windows open for a while to let some fresh air in.

I was up before 8 this morning trying to get a drs appointment.What a job it is trying to get through on the phone.Gave up in the end 8.30 and number 9 in the queue and woman keeps butting in saying lines are busy.Will try again in the morning and do it from my mobile phone on free minutes.

I was dreading old noddy knocking at my door today but has'nt so far.He can call when I am cough free.

When I was out for my meal yesterday Penny I had scampi and chips.Was lovely too.
Have a lovely afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:47 am

Good morning.Nice sunny morning here and mild,no heating on today.

I have a busy diary today for a change.My friend is suffering with Vertigo and wants me to go to the drs with her.Her appointment is at 2.10.I have also got one at 4.10.So save me bringing her back to her flat and me going back for my appt we are going to people watch until its my turn.It will be a long wait but not much I can do about that.

I am out with my daughter this evening for a meal,table is booked for 6.45.Hope I don't nod of with all this running about. :roflmao:

Does anyone like walking out in the dark on their own?The reason I am asking is because I don't like it' and my daughter says I should overcome it at my age. :sad: I never have liked it and will not change. :tantrum2:

Have a lovely day everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 pm

I have no qualms about walking alone in the dark, except where the street lighting is inadequate and the pavements are full of potholes. Since moving here, I try to remember to always have a little LED torch in my pocket because most of the pavements are dire!!! I grew up in a small village where there weren't pavements everywhere and the habit of always wearing something light coloured to be visible in the dark was instilled into me at an early age. I've always been astounded at the number of people I encounter who won't go out after dark or, if they do, only in their cars. It seems to be particularly prevalent among - but not exclusive to - women over 50.

What is your problem, Maggieh? Fear of tripping on uneven pavements? Or do you live in a district notorious for muggings and bag snatching? If it doesn't restrict your lifestyle too much, there's probably no point in worrying about it now but, if it's spoiling your life, maybe try and find some therapy to overcome your fear/loathing?

Another lovely day here. The washing is on the line outside; some of the daffodils are out; the birdies are singing - and somebody, somewhere has been spreading pig slurry so I've had to close the windows. Yeuk!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:12 pm

When it is dark outside I would rather be indoors safe than outside where I could be mugged,fall over or some lowlife following me.A friend of mine was mugged in broad daylight and she finished up with a broken hip where she was pushed to the ground,Andere.
I have always been like this so nothing will be changing on my part. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi everyone, just popped in to say hello and let you know I am still around (just prodded myself to make sure :) Some parts of Lincolnshire have not had street lighting late at night to save money, is it the same in other parts of the country??? Us here out in the sticks have kept ours thankgoodness. Big hugs from Dolly and me, take care of yourselves xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:06 pm

The street lights in residential roads here get turned off at midnight although those on main roads stay on all night. Our house is quite close to a junction with a major route out of town and we therefore get a reasonable amount of light from that road's street lights so we can just about make it home late at night without mishap but further down this road, it's pitch black and I'd certainly never leave home without a torch!

In the borough where we lived before, the council considered turning off the lights at midnight but there was a huge public protest and they left them on. Chelmsford city council took the decision a few years ago to turn off lights at midnight and, a few weeks later, a massive brawl broke out in a residential road in the early hours of the morning. Somebody got stabbed and there was a huge amount of noise so, naturally, all the residents were gawping out of their windows to find out what going on. was. Unfortunately, as it was pitch dark out there, nobody could see a bliddy thing and so nobody was able to be much use to the police when they came round looking for witnesses. (A friend of mine lives on that road and it also!utely isn't the kind of area where nobody ever admits to seeing anything!).

Very quiet here today? We've had an idle day, too. Off to North Lincs tomorrow to see a strange exhibition of hundreds of clocks. OH's idea - be !loves clocks!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 pm

The atmosphere of society as a whole doesn't seem a very good safe time to turn out lights anywhere in the country, however they were talking of these new low power bulbs were been used as an alternative---- does anyone know if that has been achieved yet. Its a lovely day in North Lincs now the mist is lifting Andere, have a good clock ticking day, Oops! where is it? :) Enjoy the weekend and out of season sunshine everyone, and hugs from Dolly and me xxxxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 pm

Good morning another lovely sunny day here and its quite warm.No heating on yet again.

I had a nice time with Logan yesterday playing with lego,plus playing a game with him on his xbox.He is so chatty from the time I arrive to when I leave.I stayed a extra hour yesterday as the weather was so nice.

Had a lovely time out with my daughter Friday evening,we had a nice meal.Then when nearly to her house we went into her local and I had a baileys with ice.That was lovely and creamy.Then she poured me one when we got home.But when I went home to my place and tried to sleep I had palps.

Went to my drs on Friday and he told me off for not going to him sooner with my cough I really didnt think the cough was that bad for antibiotics and steriods.But hey ho.

Going to have a easy day today recharge my battery,do what has to be done then watch tv etc.Looking forward to Dancing on Ice tonight.
Have a good day everyone.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes