Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:32 pm

vannin wrote:Maggie, I have to smile when I picture Logan with 'his' box! Today I took delivery of a set of kitchen Teflonware, only ordered yesterday. The box is a comfortable Trixie-size, so the cat's eyes lit up as soon as she saw it! Not too log ago it would have been Charlie if they had been visiting.

Right now, Trixie is fast asleep in it. She is like most cats, I suppose, happy to sleep in different places every day and every night.

Ah did Trixie have a good night in her box last night,Viv?

I have kept the box for when Logan comes over again. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:27 pm

All my previous cats have adored boxes, any kinds of boxes. LK doesn't; just not interested. Bags, drawers, suitcases are all worthy of investigation and an hour or two's doze but boxes? Meh!

I hope LK will soon be a happy cat. We've accepted a quote for replacement windows and a new conservatory door with a cat flap in it. We're also going to get a cat flap put in the kitchen door so she can move around the house to her food and litter tray without needing her human "butlers". That was how things worked in the old house and I know she sorely misses being able to come and go at will. It's ok in the summer with all the doors standing open but she can't understand why they can't be open for her all year! It'll be October before the work is done but I can't wait!!

A lovely autumnal sunny day here and I believe it's supposed to stay that way for a few days more. :sunglasses: I've just been out and bought 24 heather plants very cheaply at Lidl to replace the dead ones at the front. They look quite healthy so I hope they'll be OK. I'll be on my knees out there in the morning, planting them up before the sun gets round there and makes it too hot to work. I'm putting in some extra daffodils bulbs, too to cheer up next spring.

Had my annual hypertension review this morning. BP, BMI, heartbeat all fine but I'm worried about the blood sugar test. I forgot where I was going and ate a big bowl of honey granola for breakfast about 30 mins before I went to the surgery. Bet they go into alarmist "pre diabetes " mode when the results come back!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Do hope all turns out well Andere. Enjoy your planting tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:20 am

Morning Dita and all. Lovely and sunny here. Everyone ready for the weekend. Nothing planned just hope the weather stays fine. Feeding the ducks yesterday, some lady brought her little girl to do same but allowed her to chase everything that came so they all went off into the lake. Silly woman. we sat for a good hour before she went and then all came back to feed. Some were catching the bits as OH threw them. Quite an afternoon. Delighted to see our birds returned today, now its who gets the bits etc, birds or ducks.? Waiting for delivery from Sainsbury at present, coming between 12 and 0NE. Big hugs for Dolly and little ones, take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Penny and all, we used to have a lovely ex opencast ore mine which had in previous years shut down and left to grow into a lovely large pond surrounded by rocky areas which birds had taken over + ducks, wild Orchids grew along with many more other plant species making it into the most beautiful of areas encouraging Newts and many other of our species survive which are on the endangered list. Recently they have drained it and so all that has gone-----they are digging it out and we have now got a petition on going. It will fail of course :( Lovely weather again, bet it was great by the canal Penny, Dolly and I are off for a game now, big hugs and take care all xx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi Penny and everyone around, we got an Indian summer spoiling us which is happening to many in the UK at the moment, we must get in the garden while its here could be snowing soon :) Been a house working morning with the usual jobs we all have to do------unless you don't bother of course-------rolled some bacon round a couple of chicken breasts added some garlic, onion rings, & baby tomatoes, baked them in the oven, made some chips and wallah! added a side salad, result we are all filled to busting :( big hugs from Dolly and yours truly xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Good for you Dita, sounds like a cracking lunch. Wish I could have joined you. Weather super her,as you say, enjoy it whilst we can. Saw the heron yesterday, about 8ft away, simply lovely. catching fish in the lake.. Might pop there again today as weather too nice to sit in.big hugs for Dolly and little ones, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Penny and all, another lovely day, beautiful blue sky and not a cloud in sight at the moment------we really must make the most of it now. On the lake watching the Heron catching its breakfast, it is not so good if your large goldfish garden pond is the prey Penny, but like you I love watching not only the Heron but other seabirds feeding, its a lovely sight. Think I'm going to have a chat with the vet about Dolly's teeth, have been putting it off because of her being sensitive to aneasthetic but-------- Hugs from us both and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:06 am

Hi Dita and all, Give Dolly a big hug and tell her she will be fine. Watching motor racing this PM., should be at the lake as the weather is super today..Just put in a loaf so that is sorted. Can now relax ha ha.Do hope everyone is OK. Take care, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:28 am

Good morning from a lovely sunny day in Kent.Will go for a slow stroll soon and breathe in the nice air. :roll:

I went to see Logan yesterday and spent a few hours with him on and off his xbox.He never mentioned his house/ box. :roflmao:

My granddaughter has moved into her new uni house,with 7 people she didn't know.I could never do that.She will have to start from the beginning now after leaving Guildford uni. :sad:

Its nice and peaceful watching birds and ducks by the canal Penny?I like doing people watching to pass a hour away.

Dita,my daughter took her dog for teeth cleaning and he had 2 teeth taken out.Cost her at the time 600 pounds.Very expensive.Better to get them to wear false teeth :roflmao: Hope Dolly gets on ok at the vets.

Have a nice day everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Another lovely sunny day, as was yesterday.
Yesterday, we were in Sleaford with half a dozen of the old buses from the Transport Museum, meeting people and publicising our activities. Lots of nice people to chat to and a lovely day in the sunshine but quite exhausting - I was in bed by 11pm which is very rare for me!

Today has been a catching up on housework day (ugh) but when it's done, it's done - until next time, anyway!

Brace yourself for some expensive dentistry, Dita - when LK had three teeth out earlier this year, along with antibiotics and a de-scale, we didn't get much change from £400 and, of course, the pet insurance doesn't cover routine dentistry. :tantrum2
Of course, much of the cost is because it can't be done without general anaesthetic but that doesn't help when you're living on gruel until the end of the month! Poor Dolly. It's no fun for her having rotten teeth so ......
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 am

Hi everyone its a lovely day again here, got an appointment for 2.15pm on Wednesday for Dolly, when we got her she was 1yr old and had had quite a rough time in general but her teeth were in a terrible state-----she had adult teeth underneath her baby ones and they were pushing the baby ones out, we had to have them removed which was ok but the trouble is her new adult teeth were not allowed to come through naturally and already had loads of plaque on them, consequently we had to have another couple of sessions and another anaesthetics. Just a case of 'here we go again'----and I am dreading it :( anyway that's that onward and upward. Think I have done enough rabbiting on for today, but thanks everyone for listening it gets things off ones chest------ha ha. Dolly sends you big hugs, and take care all.xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Morning all, lovely day again. Been busy all morning making marmalade. Made some Lemon Curd yesterday so hopefully it will last a little while. Having a rest this P.M. hopefully. Do hope all goes well with Dolly, give her a big hug from me.Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying this weather. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Good afternoon :mrgreen: Lovely day here too.I was sweating like a pig just now after changing my duvet cover.Such hard work. :roflmao:

Had a lovely chat with a neighbour this morning on my way back from shopping putting the flats to right.

My sister is in a field with her caravan and hubby,and her hubby's sister has hired one so she is there too. :mrgreen:

Little Logan is back to school tomorrow which he is looking foward too.

Hope Dolly gets on fine on Wednesday Dita.Hope you are enjoying your well earned rest this afternoon Penny.See you all tomorrow,have fun.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi all, such a shame this getting old. Son came in this afternoon and said he has just bought a new caravan did we want his other one. Both OH and I said we would but it is a large one and we could not manage it. That is why we got rid of our own. Such a shame, we keep saying shall we try but we know we can't. I hate this growing old. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes